Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Mayhem at Wicksteed!: May 23, 2015 - May 24, 2015

Author Topic: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2015  (Read 222933 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2015
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2015, 12:50:42 pm »

Before Wicksteed, everybody check you oil and water levels this weekend!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

Possibly bought a new car on finance. Not saying what it is till I have it.
you can shut it mate. I'll come from west wales to pick you up if I got to
lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »

O0...can only assume our master is pertaining to the required steam system fluids............"everybody check you oil and water levels this weekend"!   {-) Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

captain ron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »

Klunk, you need to be there.

Your master tent erector guru. Know one can do it without you.

You know what we're all like.....wheres the pegs.....whats a guy rope.....ground sheet doh!.....does that go in there or what.

And then theres the Barbie.....you guys got to have the biggest inferno device ever.....longest sausages, burgers like dinner plates, chicken the size of swans. If anyone ever invents a Barbie with an oven and grill....it will be team Luton.

So heres the plan.....your about 50 mile away from Wickie......you could walk it in 10 hours, so no excuse.

See you there 

captain ron

Stavros

« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2015, 05:27:07 pm »

Possibly bought a new car on finance. Not saying what it is till I have it.

well jolly well keep an eye on that little thing called a temp guage....it be there for a REASON  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Dave

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2015, 05:33:57 pm »

Klunk, you need to be there.

Your master tent erector guru. Know one can do it without you.

You know what we're all like.....wheres the pegs.....whats a guy rope.....ground sheet doh!.....does that go in there or what.

And then theres the Barbie.....you guys got to have the biggest inferno device ever.....longest sausages, burgers like dinner plates, chicken the size of swans. If anyone ever invents a Barbie with an oven and grill....it will be team Luton.

So heres the plan.....your about 50 mile away from Wickie......you could walk it in 10 hours, so no excuse.

See you there 

captain ron
no worries of klunk getting there ... ill do a detour from west wales to pick him up ... its not a problem at all !

Stavros

« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2015, 05:44:54 pm »

Captain Ron Klunk will NOT have the time to erect tents this year O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I wont be there to set up the lake,Steering course to be put up.....lake divided into the relevant sections.Tea Tent to be erected, and ANYTHING our ILLUSTRIOUS LEADER WANTS this is far more imortant than setting up campers tents.........

Klunk will ALSO need to stay at the lake in his waders from 9am till the end of sailing to rescue any stranded boats......And to Assist Phil with the straight running.If he is lucky he might have TIME for some dinner.....The last couple ofyears I have been lucky to have Mrs Stav to bring me some food otherwise I wouldnt have had any  O0

He MIGHT have time to have a beer in the evening if he is lucky as he will be tired,like I have been on previous years.

Please this is NOT a dig at Klunk....just staing true facts of the event

Stav

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

Captain Ron Klunk will NOT have the time to erect tents this year O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I wont be there to set up the lake,Steering course to be put up.....lake divided into the relevant sections.Tea Tent to be erected, and ANYTHING our ILLUSTRIOUS LEADER WANTS this is far more imortant than setting up campers tents.........

Klunk will ALSO need to stay at the lake in his waders from 9am till the end of sailing to rescue any stranded boats......And to Assist Phil with the straight running.If he is lucky he might have TIME for some dinner.....The last couple ofyears I have been lucky to have Mrs Stav to bring me some food otherwise I wouldnt have had any  O0

He MIGHT have time to have a beer in the evening if he is lucky as he will be tired,like I have been on previous years.

Please this is NOT a dig at Klunk....just staing true facts of the event

Stav
you crack me up fair play dave ! im sure klunk is a grown man and can do what he wants to do ... so dont go dictating jobs to him seeing as you aint gonna be there ! . im sure we will enjoy the show just as much with out you  and klunks job will be putting campers tents up

%% {-) {-) %% [size=78%] ! lol [/size]

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

Ian, I think Stav was outlining the amount of work that Klunk has done at Wicksteed historically.
Not trying to dictate what he needs to do this year.
But, having said that, believe Stav is also obliquely inferring that  Both Klunk and himself, do indeed do a huge amount of work to have the event run smoothly for all the attendies. Now, with Stav not being able to attend, who is stepping into his shoes to help out.
And should Klunk also not make it, Heaven forbid that eventuallity, then who is also going to cover all the other jobs he does, this year.
Food for thought, maybe
 %) :-))
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #334 on: May 02, 2015, 06:11:58 pm »

Come what may we will have a good time even if courses and stuff don't get put out. As long as we have some water to run our boats on and somewhere to keep out of the rain the rest is a bonus.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Stavros

« Reply #335 on: May 02, 2015, 06:17:26 pm »

Ian if I was not dicating ......FACT....but it seems to me that you think I am SO SO SO SAD if thats what you obviously think of me........not only am I hurt but disgusted at your ATTITUDE.

Dave

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #336 on: May 02, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »

well jolly well keep an eye on that little thing called  atemp guage....it be there for a REASON  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Dave
zafira don't have a temp gauge!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »

Now now children and Mrs stav.
I will be there. In a much smaller car.
Unfortunately the bbq will have to suffer this year. Unless a wick member has a large one we could possibly borrow.  I don't mind cooking in the evening. I'm hoping Martin and family will be joining us for the bbq on the evening, as well as anyone else who wants to join us. Just bring the food and not just sausages.  If you bring foil I can do chicken breast wrapped in bacon, salmon fillets etc even fish fingers! Bring some large field mushrooms and pate and it will be stuffed mushrooms. Phil will bring the mining kebabs he buys every year.
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #338 on: May 02, 2015, 07:13:12 pm »

As for the setting up etc , what Stav says is true. All this needs to done and coordinated with Martin. It's a lot of work and the Wicky members are brilliant and are truly unsung heroes. It will be all hands on deck on Friday so people will have to bear with us. Also Stav done the water retrieval with me so any takers please contact Martin.  We keep as few people as possible from entering the water. I'm sure a couple of wicky  peeps will be in the water ie Nick and no doubt Phil will try entering the water without waders again.
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #339 on: May 02, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

P's I am hopefully getting a car this week and the Mrs has kicked me out that weekend
full time penguin

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

Ian if I was not dicating ......FACT....but it seems to me that you think I am SO SO SO SAD if thats what you obviously think of me........not only am I hurt but disgusted at your ATTITUDE.

Dave

Don't take it to heart mate. I'm just having a laugh at your expense
Didn't mean to cause you any hurt or upset

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I'm sorry xxxx

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2015, 07:38:39 pm »

As for the setting up etc , what Stav says is true. All this needs to done and coordinated with Martin. It's a lot of work and the Wicky members are brilliant and are truly unsung heroes. It will be all hands on deck on Friday so people will have to bear with us. Also Stav done the water retrieval with me so any takers please contact Martin.  We keep as few people as possible from entering the water. I'm sure a couple of wicky  peeps will be in the water ie Nick and no doubt Phil will try entering the water without waders again.
I'll be there on the Friday hoping to get the day off work to get there early. And I'll be more than happy to chip in and help any one out.  I'll even bring my waders

big_bri

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2015, 08:14:56 pm »

The Scots lads will be willing to help in any way we can :-))  O0
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brian

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2015, 09:01:16 pm »

I'm really delighted to announce that, after a "gap" of 4 years, the missus and I will be attending the Mayhem Bash!
Having now joined the ranks of the "civilised", (I have ELECTRIC powered 'craft' and have passed through the noisy, smelly [but very exciting] stage of my life) I feel that I will be able to truly enter the spirit of Mayhem which, if I remember correctly, involves pranks, drinks, chats, drinks, food, drinks .... oh, and BOATS :)

We will be camping so I am happy to throw myself into the preparations (hang gliding with the marquee, pedalling the dynamo for the tea urn, etc)

I'm looking forward to my return, and hope that I have "models" which may bring a smile??? :)

Will be great to meet old chums (in case your memory is as bad as mine - I am the "artist" formerly known as "One Sheet)!  Boy, was 2011 a year to remember!! (the year of the Mexicans and the WILD Haggis) :)

Cheers
Danny
PS - no IC, but still have a maniac bear!   %)

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2015, 09:03:15 pm »

Danny,

Nice to see another return, 2011 was my last year there too. Really can't wait for it.

Alex

Danny

• Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
Re: Activities at Mayhem 2015
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2015, 10:21:13 pm »

I know there are more nutters than me who have bought a little "Flash" racer.
http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=45810
They are such fun and, like the club 500, should be raced together (if you you get them round the course).
If you have one, please bring it along to Mayhem, I'm sure the organisers could fit in a 5 minute race for us.
(I paid £36 and think I've got great value - now they're only £24   >>:-(

Excellent longer run spare battery from -
http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-850mah-short-type-25c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html

Cheers
Danny

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »

I bought one of those!   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Danny

• Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2015, 08:58:28 am »

I know there are more nutters than me

Top marks for owning up   {-)

Game on !!

nlldavies

• Shipmate
« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2015, 11:17:41 am »

For four years its been a toss up of either Mayhem or Santa Pod ... why do they have to be on the same weekend  <:( ... unfortunately Santa Pod has won this year.

However, as we will be camping down in SP I'm hoping to pop in to Wickstead on one of the days ... especially it rains.

Sorry to hear Stav and Mrs Stav not going, not sure it will be the same.

Hope you all have a good one whatever  :}

Nige
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.