Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Mayhem at Wicksteed!: May 23, 2015 - May 24, 2015
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2015  (Read 222988 times)

Firefly

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2015
« Reply #550 on: May 24, 2015, 09:29:42 pm »

On behalf of the Peterborough Club attendees, a huge thank you to Martin and family, the Wicksteed Park Club team and everyone else who worked so hard to make the Mayhem weekend such a great success.  It was great to meet so many Mayhemmers and to enjoy some excellent sailing. Even the weather was mostly kind and we didn't have to retrieve the Club gazebo from the other end of the Park this year !!

No problem with getting out of the park this afternoon, I bought a pre-paid exit ticket on entry this morning. However, I experienced similar problems, highlighted by others, finding the ticket machines on Saturday evening. Having asked several people for directions the machine was eventually found but had failed. By this time, the queue to the office, the alternative place to get the exit ticket endorsed, was out of the door !! A couple more ticket machines and clearer sign posting wouldn't go amiss for next year.

Other than that, a fantastic weekend and thank you all, once again, for organising and hosting the event.

Mick  :-))

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #551 on: May 24, 2015, 09:38:22 pm »

Glad everyone enjoyed the weekend, thanks to Martin and family, Html, Phil, and Klunk for without them we wouldn't have had the organising team for the event. I had my first BBQ night with the campers and I will definitely be staying the whole weekend next year- just watching Klunk assembling the BBQ was entertainment itself!
Steph excelled herself beating Phil again, revenge is on the cards again for Warwick! {-)

My penguin was kidnapped by the Scottish lads and held to ransom by the Scottish duck!
Thanks to Ron Dean and Ian Kennedy for supporting Mayhem at Wicksteed once again showing the best of Deans Marine.
A big thank you to Maureen for her excellent tombola prizes and getting Klunk to buy as many tickets as possible and still not win the gato sub kit! :}
And finally I would like to thank every Mayhemer and everyone who attended the weekend for supporting Mayhem at Wicksteed- it's fantastic to see that we will celebrate our tenth year next year and I hope everyone will come again for something big (once we've worked out the details!) ;)

And finally, the new pay system has only been in operation properly for about six months and took a little while for us all to get used to but I'm sure the park will get the system to work to satisfy everyone. It was introduced to reduce fares on staying in the park so you only ever paid the full amount if you stayed over three hours. Like everything new it takes time to fine tune to get the best. :-))
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #552 on: May 24, 2015, 10:42:55 pm »

Hello,

What a fantastic weekend !!!!!!.
Grinning all the way up the M6 !!, other drivers must have thought I had been on the Pop.

Thanks to all who attended - - - BIG THANKS !!.

John :-)) :} :-)) :} :-)) :}       
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #553 on: May 24, 2015, 11:32:26 pm »

DAMN!!!!! Firefox just crashed and lost my 'thank you' post!   >>:-(    Took ages 'n all.   OK try again.

First of all BIG thanks to the girls, Mrs Mayhem & Little Miss Mayhem, well done girls!
( it's only cost me Fish & Chips yesterday and a Chinese today... but the girls said I have to 'take them for a day out'  tomorrow!   {:-{  )

Again a Big thanks to our hosts the Wicksteed Model Boat club, in particular Stg, Major. Nick RAFlaunches and Sir Steve of TransitVan. Top Blokes!
Also Paul, Maureen, Nigel & the human dynamo Steve, Stan, Tony!

Brian (Chingdevil) & Nick for stumping for the event insurance.

SteamboatPhil & Steph.... for just being there!... and the tea urn!
( The weekend only starts when the first coffee is delivered!)

The Unsinkable Peter (Klunk)
The irrepressible John! (JayDee)
The ever encouraging Doug99 & Tugmaster Colin.
Ian for the weekends fastest Tug... and 'fire boat'!

Lord Ron of Dean, a true gent. (Cheeky "xxxxx"!)   {-)
Ian Kennedy, Ron's sidekick for the weekend! ( Looking forward to visiting the boat yard. )   :-)   

All the Scottish contingency, for bringing the 'happy' and much of it not spirit induced!
The Lowestoft club,
John for letting me use his mighty Celestine as a mobile tripod!
Baloo (Martin) & Pooh Bear for the great cake.
TugCowboy ( Alex, Nicky  & kids ) for the great cake.

And everyone for coming, sailing, smiling and shaking me hand!  :-))

.... more tomorrow.   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
« Reply #554 on: May 24, 2015, 11:36:12 pm »

So after a fantastic weekend. What should of been a 5 hr drive has turned in to a 10 hr drive.
Tho no still can't wait for next year.
lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2015, 12:22:53 am »

Good thing the car wasn't full of explosives!!!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:43 am »

Mayhem at Wicksteed 5 - 
Rising of the Polyphemus

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #558 on: May 25, 2015, 05:58:35 am »

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #559 on: May 25, 2015, 06:51:57 am »

On behalf of the RNLI/King Lear mbc we had a great weekend and thank you all for a great time,and support
See you all next year

Baloo & Pooh Bear

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #560 on: May 25, 2015, 07:26:45 pm »

Mayhem at Wicksteed 14 - The view from the water!

https://youtu.be/XPb058-L4Ss

big_bri

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #561 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:35 pm »

Arrived home safely after yet another fantastic weekend. The Mayhem bash just gets better and better every year :-))

A great big thank you to Martin and family, Wicksteed Park mbc, kllunk, HTML, Nick, Phil and Steph, and everyone else who helped make this event, the best on my model boating calendar.
For once, our evening" celebrations" we're a little more subdued than recent years and we got to bed at a reasonable time(honest) O0 the irn bru flavoured vodka went down a treat though %%
We're already looking forward to next years tenth anniversary show and we just wouldn't miss this one for the world .
Thanks to everyone, our friends old and new,  for making us feel very welcome and hope to see you all again next year. :-))
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brian

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #562 on: May 25, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »

What strikes me is it was down on numbers this year? I know you all had a great time but was there any public around?
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #563 on: May 25, 2015, 08:07:29 pm »

Mayhem at Wicksteed 14 - The view from the water!

https://youtu.be/XPb058-L4Ss

Turned out ok . Bow thruster is noisy LOL. Do you have part 2. Celestine sails for Cobelfret and not Maersk

john

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #564 on: May 25, 2015, 08:09:10 pm »

Don't think numbers were down on Saturday, didn't seem like it.
Sunday was quieter but as the rain didn't turn up there was a steady stream of public all day.
We didn't turn off the tea urn until after 3:30!

Missed you Bill!  {:-{

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #565 on: May 25, 2015, 08:13:10 pm »

Mayhem at Wicksteed 15 - Anyone know which ship she is... and builder?

https://youtu.be/IPssjpkj3wM

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #566 on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:01 pm »

Don't think numbers were down on Saturday, didn't seem like it.
Sunday was quieter but as the rain didn't turn up there was a steady stream of public all day.
We didn't turn off the tea urn until after 3:30!

Missed you Bill!  {:-{

Ah Ok Martin. Just in the video it seems a bit thin on public walking around .
Ive been busy of late. SMBC took its display to the Stotfold Mill weekend and I used all my passes on that. On the sunday there was 2500 cars parked up for the show . Still I was at a Steam engine rally on Saturday at Shrumshaw Norfolk and talked to members from  Norwich MBC doing there display at the rally. 
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #567 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:04 pm »

Martin

The battleship is HMS Lord Nelson and is one of Geoff Dixons Victorian era pre dreadnought battleships. His steam powered HMS Canopus is just as fantastic as the Lord Nelson!
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #568 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »

I was by the old entrance bill. One minute it was empty the next 50 odd public standing behind me. The new amphitheatre creates a new entrance to the lake plus there are now walks around the back of the campsite giving the old shortcut entrance a new lease of life. There were plenty of public and Steve deans AFOR went down a treat with the kids.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2015, 08:34:35 pm »

I was by the old entrance bill. One minute it was empty the next 50 odd public standing behind me. The new amphitheatre creates a new entrance to the lake plus there are now walks around the back of the campsite giving the old shortcut entrance a new lease of life. There were plenty of public and Steve deans AFOR went down a treat with the kids.

That OK then. It just did not look very busy in the videos . As I said I'm glad you all had a good weekend. Let's hope I can get there next year for the 10th year PARTY !! %%

html

• Full Mayhemer
  • Gipping Valley Model Boat Club
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »

Finally got all things sorted out and put away. I still cannot believe how much you have to take with you to sleep away from home for two nights

I am not sure this weekend was a good one for cars, I pulled into a motorway service for a comfort break and got hit in the rear passenger quarter just behind the rear wheel

What a great weekend, brilliant to meet up with faces old and new. Hopefully the missing ones will be at the tenth anniversary event next year

A big thanks to all the Wicksteed club for their continued support of this event, and to all the Mayhemers that turned up again and made the event another success. I was told that there were 150 boats on display on the Saturday, that is a good turn out. I think with the new layout it is hard to judge how many people are actually there walking around

A big thanks to Steamboat Phil (ex-chairman of the straight running club), Steph, Nick, Klunk, JayDee and finally Martin maybe next year we can get him to stay and have half a shandy in the Saturday evening.

Perhaps next year Phil will remember just how much beer he has in his caravan, so Steph has a bit of room for some vegetables

The Scottish guys were on top form once again, good to hear you guys got back safely and yes the vodka/Irun Bru was quite something, as was the sloe gin.

See you all next year, if not before at other shows.

Brian
I do not suffer insanity, I quite like it!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »

Wicksteed 2015... the car breaker!

More video:

Mayhem at Wicksteed 16 - WATERCAT M12
       https://youtu.be/GUOdagrTgfo

Mayhem at Wicksteed - 17  Ian's smoking , skying, tugboat. - https://youtu.be/4wnuFkfvST8

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #572 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31:49 pm »

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #573 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:59 am »

That surge of people you were talking about Klunk always happened about 15 minutes after the train went by, they see the event from the train and just follow the track down to the lake. The whole event is now more visible with the new layout and is more open so people are not as concentrated in one area as before, in reality little difference in footfall from last year but we could do with better signage at the entrance gates, The temporary one that Gina did for us looked great, would she do some more for us for next year?

The self closing gates can be a pain but they are part of a scheme to drastically reduce the number of geese that get into the area, yes I know they can fly ( but not in the breeding season I believe) but it is working. the path fouling/ cleaning this year has been minimal, so far I think just once, the Tuesday before Mayhem. a vast improvement on previous years.

Paul.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #574 on: May 26, 2015, 09:34:22 am »

hi all back at work  <:( <:(  and sobered up now :-X

Great weekend meeting up with everyone and having a laugh
Thanks to all those who got together to arrange this great weekend.

Regarding the "issues" stop moaning it was a great weekend.....
So what if you could not find the pay to get out machine at a event called mayhem
Your lucky there was one and you were not stuck inside the park going round in circles following a sign for the elusive pay point   {-)

Visitors yeah they were there i think but I was too busy watching Steph show Phil how to do straight running and let's be honest it goes up and down, even if they weren't it is all about meeting up with friends and having some fun and a sail  :-))

On a serious note for some strange reason some park official was asking me howeve show was and how we rated the campsite, he did say they were going to look at encouraging more people to go to the boating lake by changing the path layout

Roll on 2016!!!  :-) :-))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.