Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: radios  (Read 7693 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
Re: radios
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »

hi barriew the radio is a crown   clock radio model no cdn 190 the 9 volt battery connection is missing so no back up for clock still look on the bright side inertia has saved me from wasting  money on a new one    Gordon

inertia

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »

Only two hits on Google for Crown CDN 190. It looks like it's a radio/alarm clock, in which case the 9v battery is usually just to retain the alarm setting if there's a mains failure. The radio tuning is generally manual (via a rotary knob) with all the lack of precision that entails. You ideally need an FM radio with a digital tuner i.e. one that scans for strong signals and allows you to select and set them as "favourites" - like a car radio does. I found this cheap and cheerful one on Fleabay inside a couple of minutes Googling. It's DAB but also has FM. There must be others. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-One-Mi-Series-II-DAB-FM-Digital-Radio-Black-VL-61801-/111460536488?_trksid=p2054897.l4275  PURE is an established brand and twenty three quid shouldn't be too big a hole in your pension, m'duck.
Suit yourself, as I'm wont to say.
Dave M

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 04:54:45 pm »

thanks inertia will try e bay    gordon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.