Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Balancer connections  (Read 2382 times)

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
Balancer connections
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »

I have a Robbe Charger that does both Nimhs and Lipos. I also have a 2S Lipo pack from a defunct Heli which I want to use in a boat with a suitable ESC. Problem is the balancer Connection on the cells is different to the sockets on the charger. Do they do cables to use one sort of battery and a different for the charger. I have looked on the Internet without sucess, seems a shame to bin a good battery because of the Connections.

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
Re: Balancer connections
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »

Could you post a picture of the  balancing port on the battery, and the one on the charger ?

HobbyKing carries a selection of adapters and balancing boards, maybe we could find something.

Another option is to cut the existing balancing port on the battery and just replace it.

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:39:41 pm »

The charger is a Robbe Power Peak A4, and I have looked at HobbyKing, but there are so many different types, the mind boggles! I am posting a photo, not very good, but hope it helps. The two Connections at top and bottom are from the charger, the other is the battery.

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:06 pm »

Hi Nordsea,
Have you tried Component Shop? They stock various leads and adapter boards for lipo batteries.

John

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:16 pm »

From what I understand Graupner and Robbe use JST-EH (JST-EHR) balancing connectors while most others use JST-XH.

It looks like your battery came with the "standard" JST-XH connector.

Does you charger come with an balancing board (ie: board is plugged in the charger and offers 2S, 3S and 4S plugs) or do you plug the battery right into the charger ?

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:31:13 pm »

It came with an Extension cable with a wide socket to plug in 1,2,3 or 4 Cell Lipo packs. This plugs into the charger and the lead is about 6 inches Long and Ends with a female socket to plug the Cells into. The Label on the charger box reads, "Robbe PowerPeak A4 .EQ-LCD 230/12V " Nr 8560" No where in the Instructions is given the Balance System. What cable should I get from HobbyKing? Or can I buy a replacement cable and cut off the old one? If yes, which is it!!! %)

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/098112-Balancer-Adapterkabel-JST-XH-JST-EHR-2S-/111154714283?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item19e15656ab

This one (Jamara Item #098112) should solve your problem for that 2S battery. It has a 2S JST-XH female plug (battery end) to a 2S JST-EHR male plug (charger end).

But  in the long run it may be cheaper to buy a simple iMax B6 charger (you could probably reuse the power supply from the PowerPeak) for all your JST-XH batteries rather than spend, $7 then $10 then another $5 to buy a bunch of adapters.

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 11:44:53 am »

Thanks everyone, I went on the Jamara Site and found a model shop not more than 10 miles from me! Never knew it existed! Phoned him and he said "No Problem", bring both battery and charger so we can make a certain match. He also sells Lipos from a Company named "Lemon", very cheap, know anything about them? Thanks again all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.