Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Close Call  (Read 6100 times)

mermod

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Close Call
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:42 am »

I always thought this song was a great way to promote Australia to the rest of the world.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I

and maybe this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ci3b-IsWg
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 10:29:15 pm »

Fantastic, Mermod, I love them both :-))  They make me wonder how I've survived so long in this dangerous country  {-)

I might add that my encounter with the snake was the first time I've actually seen a brown snake for over 20 years......and I don't care if it's another 20 years before I see the next one O0

Peter.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 02:28:30 am »

Just goes to show that the conservation of snakes is working %) %)

We are even seeing them in suburbia and on the Gold Coast tourist strip.

Last season, news article warning Gold Coast bathers to beware as we watched on the tellie, coppers chasing a snake in Surfers Paradise, time for them to be out and about getting a sun tan O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

thegrimreaper

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 02:36:22 pm »

Been to Australia 5 times now just last week got back snakes you worry about snakes and spiders I think Australians just play on the fact that they have these dangerous creatures there to keep us all out of there country I have never seen anything which will poison you Australiians need to worry about them bloody Echidnas one crept up on me the other day nearly gave me a heart attack if I had fallen over it could have taken out one if not both of my eyes, Snakes and Spiders indeed  {-) {-) {-) %% ok2 
Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:01 pm »

I think Australians just play on the fact that they have these dangerous creatures there to keep us all out of there country

Darn!! You've discovered our secret %% {-)

Jokes aside, they're there all right, you need to be aware of them but, as I have said before, most of the time you don't see them. Living as I do, in a rural area, you have to be vigilant, especially in long grass in the warmer weather when snakes are most active. I had become complacent, but it was a wake up call and I'll be keeping a much sharper watch from now on.

As for echidnas; they are not regarded as dangerous unless you try to pick one up.....or sit on one :o

Peter.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.