Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MV Juno, Saturn  (Read 8181 times)

onora

• Full Mayhemer
MV Juno, Saturn
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

Some pictures of Saturn and Juno being broken up.  Great ships. would make a good model!!

Banned

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: MV Juno, Saturn
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:50:14 pm »

think you'll find that Saturn is still on the reserve fleet list, it's juno and Jupiter that have sadly gone for scrap, One at Rosneath, the other went to Belgium.

as for models...........see here...............  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44341.0.html

onora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:59:47 pm »

Hi Neil. Thanks for giving me the link for the model. look lovely!  Alot of work..

Always one of my favourite ships.  I think they called them skimmers or streaker??

One for the future I think?
Banned

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:49 pm »

aye.....Streakers.................they were our favourites too. neil. :-))

onora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:38 pm »

How do you prefer them, as they were build with the Gourock on the side or as calmac.
Banned

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:02 pm »

It's going to be my daughter's model........so up to her, but she definitely wants Calmac on the side.............she wants to eventually forge a career with the company as a deck officer............just getting ready to apply to NMT for a sponsorship with Fleetwood Nautical College..........bit proud of her if the truth be known.

onora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:24 pm »

Good for her!! :-))   Its for one nice that she is into the models and more so that it has lead on to wanting to work on them.  If she gets all the certs for the deck officer, she can apply for sponsorship with one of the big merchant shipping lines.. see the world, rather the west coast of scotland!   %%
Banned

Ardnave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:13 am »

Hi guys,
Some nice photos onora, even if one reminds me of work %%
I personally thought the streakers looked best around 1983ish, with no writing on the hull at all, and white waterline, I may have some pics somewhere, will have a search.
From memory, I'm sure the Jupiter went to Grenna (not sure that is the correct spelling) in Denmark for recycling, the Saturn is still at Roseneath at present, but I would guess she won't last much longer.

Clark

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »

Not sure if Saturn will sail again.

The wonderful Isle of Arran  :-))  is the Calmac reserve boat, but for how much longer once the Loch Seaforth (eventually) enters service.

Gotta love Calmac for blaming the German builders for 'delays' when in actual fact they specced (again) a ship too big for the piers it has to service and now need to wait for the piers to be biggered.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 02:58:40 pm »

Calmac, as far as I know at the moment don't own Loch Seaforth...the company that built her, so the story goes was in financial trouble when they began building her, and went bust before she was finally completed........so one of our big banks bought her and now lease it to Calmac's parent company???

Keyser Söze

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 06:22:58 pm »

Some nice pictures in this thread.

A couple are really awesome, so awesome that the original negatives and prints are in my house.
Another two are equally awesome, they are digital, I believe their EXIF Data will match that generated by my Camera.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »

what are you trying to say stewart......that people are putting your images on public forum........

if you are, I am sorry, but as all the images I put on and probably 80% of images  that other people put on forums such as this are readily available on Google images...........if you don't want them using on public forums, don't post them, keep them privately to yourself??!!!

and if you actually google my name, you'll come up with all numbers of images that I have taken in the past......................if other's use them...........am I bothered............No, couldn't give a stuff.............in fact am quite pleased that others feel the presence to use some that I have taken.........does my ego no end of good. {-) {-) {-)

Keyser Söze

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:30 pm »

Neil,

it wasn't you I was having a pop at. The person in question has filled a photobucket album with pics belonging to other people. A bit of common courtesy goes a long way, not passing off other peoples photos as your own. It's nice to share, but others should show some respect.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 09:07:29 pm »

Stewart....you will note some images here on MBM ....'if they were original have an MBM water mark embedded'.......in some cases I think it detracts from the clarity or scale sizing of the image.....but naturally it is the prerogative of the person posting  %) ..... in other cases let your eyes look through the watermark as if it is not there  O0

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »

Sad that you've taken the photos down Onora, could have done with some of the stern for the wash port positions............c'est la vie. neil.

onora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 05:11:29 am »

Banned

onora

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:12 am »

Sorry for the lare reply!  {:-{   Taking from online sources.. %%   For all to view and enjoy.. ok2
Banned

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 10:23:55 am »

thanks Onora and Dave........just what I needed. cheers. neil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.