Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FINAL RACE FOR 2014 Season at BRANSTON on Sunday 19.10.2014  (Read 6105 times)

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!
FINAL RACE FOR 2014 Season at BRANSTON on Sunday 19.10.2014
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:31:53 pm »

Hi all.

Just a brief comment to thank all members who made the trip to enjoy the last race of the season. Great to see Andy u, Kurt and better half, Daz, etc, etc, etc!!!

AND WHAT A FABULOUS DAY OUT IT WAS!!!! Mark kept the action vibrant with a new recipy for the race event, - big speed triangle, 30 min heats (including compulsory pit stop) etc.

Whilst many places had already been decided, this race meeting was pivotal for several other podium positions, and not just seconds and thirds!!!

Great turnout. Some really rough water conditions, some of the roughest of the season ensured a delight for the many spectators enjoying the action. Some really tight and spectacular racing scenes developed...

Racing was frantic and the brave (if not foolish) put the pedal down on the gas and paid a price in some cases!!! Lol!!

More info on our website, bmprs.co.uk

Race narrative, final league table, and some brilliant photos coming soon.

All in all it was (for my part) a fitting end to a fantastic season for BMPRS, making me very proud to play a part in this club which gives me so much enjoyment in more ways than I thought possible when I joined it 3 years ago.

Bring on the forthcoming agm and the 2015 season!!!

Best regards

Garry Dickson
AKA "team Briggy"

Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk
Re: FINAL RACE FOR 2014 Season at BRANSTON on Sunday 19.10.2014
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:19 am »

can't agree more what a great day to the end of a great season roll on 2015 !

dont for get our agm on 23rd nov  at roab club coventry see website for details all members are welcome dont forget there a buffet lunch too  :-)) :-)) :-))

BMPRS  Health and Safety Co-Ordinator

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:28:59 pm »

Hi all

Just added over 100 great action photos (Courtesy of Judith and Craig - big thanks there) from our last event at Branston, to BMPRS web site.
Final Championship results table updated. The last event saw some very close racing and some great barrel rolls, capsizes, airborne action! Them  there pics are worth a look!

Cheers

Briggy.
Best regards

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

Hi all

Just added over 100 great action photos (Courtesy of Judith and Craig - big thanks there) from our last event at Branston, to BMPRS web site.
Final Championship results table updated. The last event saw some very close racing and some great barrel rolls, capsizes, airborne action! Them  there pics are worth a look!

Cheers

Briggy.

I second what you said Garry and those of you that commented previously on what what was a Fantastic Closing Race event in our season!

This link takes you to our site:
http://www.bmprs.co.uk/

This link hopefully takes you to the action photos of our fantastic closing race:
http://www.bmprs.co.uk/page69.html

Cracking good stuff! :-)) :-)) :-))

Craig

Forget all insults, always remember compliments.

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:42 pm »

i must say that looking through the pictures taken this year at various meetings there's some cracking action shots well done to all who have managed to capture the action and enjoyment of the members and there boats  :-)) :-))

mark
BMPRS  Health and Safety Co-Ordinator

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:41 pm »

Agreed Mark.

The quality of the shots is very professional.

Just one or two would easily grace the photo pages of our web site and do the page proud. But guess what, I am regularly offered in excess of 100 quality photos for each race!!!

Also note I reduce the file size to allow quick access to the web page and to ensure quick navigation through the bmprs site. Should anyone require higher resolution pictures to print out etc, please let me know!

Garry
Best regards

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »

As this was our last race of the season, I think it is only befitting of me to share on this site a few photos not previously seen by anyone (bar one exception):

I hope you enjoy. :-))

Craig :-)

black magic racing

• Full Mayhemer
  • when winning is all . it stops being a hobby
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

great pic of my pravar,had a great day even if i was a fool to think i could do it at full throttle  {-) {-) {-) %% but hey ho thats what bmprs is all about,the taking part winning is just a bonus,good to see SWMBO get a 3rd place,,,hope more women decide to take the plunge and have a go :-))
although we did not do all the races i for one am proud of the way BMPRS has gone.being one of the first members at the start to see it grow with some faces from other organisations joining us and making it what it is today,,
this as far as im concerned is what its all about..going and having a good crack with some very good banter and great racing.never to take it too seriously but to totally enjoy the day for what it is O0
so from sha and myself thanks everyone lets hope it continues to carry on the way we all hoped it would,,,scoop would be proud ok2
see you at the AGM
regards   kurt and sha aka black magic racing
FAST is never FAST enough
Black Magic Racing with BMPRS    Telford Model Boat Club
Birkenhead Model Power Boat club Vice Commodore

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »

great pic of my pravar,had a great day even if i was a fool to think i could do it at full throttle  {-) {-) {-) %% but hey ho thats what bmprs is all about,the taking part winning is just a bonus,good to see SWMBO get a 3rd place,,,hope more women decide to take the plunge and have a go :-))
although we did not do all the races i for one am proud of the way BMPRS has gone.being one of the first members at the start to see it grow with some faces from other organisations joining us and making it what it is today,,
this as far as im concerned is what its all about..going and having a good crack with some very good banter and great racing.never to take it too seriously but to totally enjoy the day for what it is O0
so from sha and myself thanks everyone lets hope it continues to carry on the way we all hoped it would,,,scoop would be proud ok2
see you at the AGM
regards   kurt and sha aka black magic racing

Well said Kurt! It is always a pleasure to see you and Sha.

;) :-)) :-)) ;)

F1 madness

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »

been a great season for both me and boyd ,more so for boyd ,im really proud of how he has come on with his driving skills and the results he's had has been brill for his 1st full season of racing
Im happy with the boats performance and how it runs ,cant ask for better
fantastic members and racing through out the season and cant wait for next yr already started preparations  hehe
Weve both throughly it enjoy and proud to be a part of it
See ya all soon
Rgds Daz,Boyd and family  :-))

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 05:30:28 pm »

Hi Daz Boyd and family

When you consider that Boyd is only 10 years old (forgive me if wrong) he has achieved remarkable results and has made massive progress especially noted in his driving skills. No wonder you are justly proud of him :-))

Craig

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »

Hi Everyone

For anyone interested, my wife Sally has just uploaded a short clip she took of one of the D-class heats in action. Bear in mind that on the day waters were a lot more choppy than as in this two minute clip.....

I hope you enjoy :-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8C2zMHDIs

Craig :-)

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »

One thing I want to give special mention to is that our society as well as featuring a cracking good bunch of racing individuals....it also features members that this season have not raced a boat at all. And yet their presence at race events has played such an important part to our society.

I include Judith whose photography contributions have been outstanding and always so exciting to see.
I include Carol Dickson and my wife Sally who have helped out with lap counting and inject a lot of fun with their wicked senses of humour! And Sally your vids are always a joy to see.

I also include all of the host club members that put in a lot of effort to enable our events to go ahead. Thank you so much :-))

And as in this last previously unpublished photo, massive thanks go to Mark Wild and Madelyn. Mark you thought you had got away from my camera {-)  Sorry mate but your efforts this season are in my book worthy of a medal! Madelyn, those cheeky eyes of yours tell me that you had spotted me with my camera :}

Craig :-))

F1 madness

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »

Hi Craig
yes bud hes only 10yrs ,watching the vids back from his 2st race to last 4 races he has come on heaps with his driving and control of the boat
Hopefully next season he keeps it up and more good results  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.