Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: running gear for model slipway tamar  (Read 3490 times)

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
running gear for model slipway tamar
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:55:47 am »

Hello guys just joined forum and iv bought myself a model slipway tamar been doing bit of modelling for few years now but just recently got back into making them again but as title says whats the best motor and esc for this boat id prefer to go with brushed as iv never had or used brushless but they are bit expensive to buy at the moment, been told graupner 600 eco is good for this any help would be appreciated thanks.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: running gear for model slipway tamar
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

Hi no1chunk and welcome to the Forum.    :-))

If you would like to post any pictures of your build then we would be very pleased to see them. 

There is a section especially for you  'lifeboat guys' where you are welcome to post.

All the best

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

inertia

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Feedback from our customers was that the 12v version of the Speed 700BB motors (#6317) are much better if you want to use scale-sized props. Run on 12v, of course, but not from a lead-acid battery - far too heavy. Use either ten NiMH cells or a 3S LiPo. The 600ECO motors were run at 9.6v and tended to get rather hot and bothered. http://www.gliders.uk.com/SPEED-700-BB-Turbo-12-V/productinfo/G6317/
DM

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 12:27:44 pm »

Thanks for reply as soon as the kit turns up il b starting it just want to get all me running gear ordered what esc would you recomend with those motors.

inertia

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »

ACTion P94 Dual ESC/Mixer. Run it using its Mode 4 (50% mix). There's a wiring diagram here - scroll down to "Model Slipway Tamar with 12v supply" and left-click on the text. You don't have to fit the sound system or the bow thruster. http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/ms.php This isn't the cheapest option but probably the best.
If you want to run both motors from one ESC (which doesn't have a mixing function) then I've used a Microgyros FR40 and can thoroughly recommend them.
DM

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »

Been lookin at brushless side do u fink these will ok

Turnigy D3536/9 910KV Brushless Outrunner Moto

Spec.
Battery: 2~4 Cell /7.4~14.8V
RPM: 910kv
Max current: 25.5A 
No load current: 1.5A
Max power: 370W
Internal resistance: 0.063 ohm
Weight: 102g (including connectors)
Diameter of shaft: 5mm
Dimensions: 35x36m
Prop size: 7.4V/12x5 14.8V/10x7
Max thrust: 1050g

pipster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 12:45:54 pm »

I know it's not what you asked but I got these for my 1/16 Tamar: Tornado Thumper V2 3548/05  890KV.   I don't know enough about brushless motors to know how they compare but they appear similar.  The Tamar performed pretty well with the brushless motors on its first test though  no where near finished.

I agree with what inertia says about the recommended Speed 600 Ecos; I have a pair in my 1/16 Trent and they get very hot - 35mm props help but the motors still get pretty hot. 

Phil

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

Right now took the plunge and gone with Tornado thumper v2 4240/10 brushless coz the review of the same kit as mine said the performed very well and got around 1hr run time what esc would u suggest and batteries due u fink il be better wiv.

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 07:59:18 pm »

If you have read a review that says they used Tornado thumper v2 4240/10 brushless does it not say what battery and esc they are running on. I have a 49" MTB running on Brushless (cannot remember motor without looking), duel lipo 14.8v 5000mAh batteries and only get 15 to 20mins runtime.

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »

It mentioned it breifly but more detailed on the motor but its in the marine modelling mag il look wen i get home after me nite shift n see again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.