Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug Kit  (Read 2620 times)

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
Tug Kit
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

anybody heard of a Seguin tug kit would appreciate any info

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tug Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »

yes Charlie........made by Dumas from the USA........mixed reports as to the machining of the wooden parts..............some love em, and some not so, but they look very nice when finished properly...........no good for me though as they are of POF and I am probably the world's worst at planking unless its a deck that's flat, {-).....often seen on ebay, the whole range.

this is one of Dumas's range of their tugs, but a quick search didn't reviele the Seguin at the mo. neil.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dumas-The-Lackawanna-Tug-DUM1251-/221568352512?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item339680c100

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:02:16 am »

Thanks Neil--I have a friend that has one for sale

inertia

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:42:36 am »

I'm currently building a Dumas Lord Nelson Victory tug and I have to tell you that it's the worst kit I've ever had. The planking is the softest balsa imaginable - un-useable, in fact - and the quality of the ply die-cutting is appalling. These are just the two worst features of the kit; there are numerous other "gripes". I'd advise you to have a good look through the kit if you can before you buy it.
DM

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:01:02 am »

I'm currently building a Dumas Lord Nelson Victory tug and I have to tell you that it's the worst kit I've ever had. The planking is the softest balsa imaginable - un-useable, in fact - and the quality of the ply die-cutting is appalling. These are just the two worst features of the kit; there are numerous other "gripes". I'd advise you to have a good look through the kit if you can before you buy it.
DM
was trying to remember who it was Dave that said it was a crock o s***.....now I remember  mate.

neil.

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

I am not buying it I have been asked to see if it will sell--this is for a friend

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:12:35 pm »

Actually made by Midwest. I believe Midwest no longer makes boat kits. Timber is Basswood and Microlite ply with some Mahogany. Vastly superior to any of the Dumas wooden kits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.