Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metcalfe Mouldings - Waveney Lifeboat "The Scout"  (Read 2637 times)

flack

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Metcalfe Mouldings - Waveney Lifeboat "The Scout"
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »

Hi,

New member by the name of Shaun, I did a bit of Model Boating in the early 80's which due to job commitments soon fell by the wayside. Retirement gives me the opportunity to renew my interest in this now very different hobby.
I have several projects on the go involving new kit builds i.e. Metcalfe Mouldings Waveney Class Lifeboat, Aerokits Solent Lifeboat and The Lesro models 46 inch Fireboat together with a refurbishment of Model Slipways "Drumbeat of Devon". I know I have a lot to learn not only about modelling but also about motor and battery technology and hopefully I can learn a lot on this site.
As a start I am looking for two specific back issues of Model Boats relating the Metcalfe Mouldings Waveney Lifeboat kit - "The Scout". I understand the kit was reviewed in the April and May 2007 issues, I have been in touch with Model Boats who are unable to help as they only keep 3 years worth of back issues. I'm sure there will be someone, like me who keeps things on the basis they will come in handy one day, who may just have the relevant copies. I am happy to pay for photocopies and any other costs for the specific articles if anyone has them or any other article in relation to the kit.

Cheers Shaun

Leaky Bottom

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Metcalfe Mouldings - Waveney Lifeboat "The Scout"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:56:42 pm »

You can buy a copy of the May edition here http://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/model-boats-magazine-may-2007-issue.html
Unfourtunatley the April edition is not available
"Leave me alone I know what I'm doing"

flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:48:47 pm »

Thanks a lot for the info Leaky Bottom  :-))

flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:36:52 pm »

Result on the may 2007 issue - every month for 2007 except for April. Still looking!

flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:54 pm »

Managed to get a good quality photocopy of the April article on Part 1 of the build.

Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.