Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT SO DEAR AS YOU THINK  (Read 4084 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
NOT SO DEAR AS YOU THINK
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:55:39 pm »

When considering that a pair of their  (  Holland and Holland   ) top of the range hand made shot guns cost FROM £103,000.00p.....http://www.hollandandholland.com/royaldouble.php

I suppose 180 grand isn't to bad for a car to carry them.................  https://uk.news.yahoo.com/land-rover-s-most-expensive-vehicle-ever--%C2%A3180k-off-roader----with-its-own-gun-cabinet-172839692.html#cxm9M2A

how the other half live, and they complain about paying too much tax, lol %% %% %% {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NOT SO DEAR AS YOU THINK
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:42:35 pm »

:o....you would look very distinguished in that RR neil.........jus add a pair of rook racks & mount a model lifeboat on top  {-) ......... Derek

Land Rover has unveiled its priciest ever vehicle -  a limited edition, £180,000 off-roader which comes with its own lifeboat transport rack
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

Thats not the first with a gun cabinet, top gear had one on the show a few years ago... that one had a fully stocked drinks cabinet as well
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »

:o....you would look very distinguished in that RR neil.........jus add a pair of rook racks & mount a model lifeboat on top  {-) ......... Derek

Land Rover has unveiled its priciest ever vehicle -  a limited edition, £180,000 off-roader which comes with its own lifeboat transport rack

thank you Derek.........don't think even I with all my panache could carry off "the country gent"...... {-) {-) {-) {-)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:44:38 pm »

Have you seen the options list for Holland & Barret Holland...they are charging £750 for traditional swiveling sling hoops on the rifle!  :o

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 10:07:57 pm »

saw a young lass in Kendal the other day with a suede body warmer on.....she was probably around 16 and was in front of me in a queue...it had Holland and Holland on..........checked when I got home on the price........350 quid.................suppose daddy had bought it for her.................where do these people get the prices to charge this sort of dosh.............and if they wanted a model building for themselves as a toy...they'd scoff at 50 quid, I'd bet, lol

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:45 pm »

My boss at work (owner of the company) has one of these Range Rovers with all the toys (gun cases, drinks cabinet, etc. etc.) although his is now 18 months old. Lovely vehicle, but yes....how the other half live!!!!
His brother - the Chairman - flew over to Italy two weeks ago to discuss the engraving on a new pair of guns he has just ordered...............that was just 4 weeks after taking delivery if the new corporate aircraft............

I kid you not.....................................

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:24 am »

Spent many years working on commissions by wealthy people from (in pecking order) a Lord with tens of thousands of acres of land all over the country down to company bosses with just a couple of employees. Yes they've got big houses, in some cases very big houses and investment portfolios to match, so what, am I bovvered, naa. I saw my mission in life as doing my level best to relieve them of some of it (and a bit more if at all possible) in exchange for beautiful bespoke cabinet making, the type that stays in the family for generations.

The biggest danger to an artisans bank balance are the types that we used to class as "two cars in the drive and naff all in the fridge" who thought they lived in the smart area of town and didn't pay the paper bill for months.

Anyway who the heck looks at a young girl in the street wearing brand name clothing then rushes home and checks the price in the internet. Is that normal, am i missing something?

Paul.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:48:57 am »

chuffy........ I suggest the answer to your question ..........is simply an observation......nothing more....nothing less  %)

Possibly you are missing something considering your rubbing of the sawdust with the wealthy folk  %)......... Derek  {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:06 am »

chuffy........ I suggest the answer to your question ..........is simply an observation......nothing more....nothing less  %)

Possibly you are missing something considering your rubbing of the sawdust with the wealthy folk  %)......... Derek  {-)

well said Derek...............and chuffy, you lost  the point of the post once you started your ramblings as to how you "furnished" these people with your wealth of skills and knowledge...'scuse the pun...............

as for making observations........have you never made comments about people wearing designer wear.........or even "Two cars in the drive...no food in the fridge".........what I do off here is no concern for your comment............at least I do put on constructive points on her  of building techniques once in a while..........haven't seen any of yours in a long long time..............only grumbles and argumentative points, lol. Lets see some of your work, either boats or cabinets.............I am all in favour of craftsmanship being shown. %% %% %% %%

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 09:18:36 am »

Anyway who the heck looks at a young girl in the street font=verdana]

Paul.[/font]

as for that comment, chuffy, are you insinuating something..............my words were "young lass"...............so do be careful what you say and what you insinuate.............others might not be so pleasant about it. <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:34 am »

... and that's all she wrote.  :police:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.