Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Lettering  (Read 4436 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Custom Lettering
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:28:49 pm »

Can anyone suggest a company that does custom lettering?

I would like to send them an email of what I require basically because it is not standard text so may have to be scanned in to their vinyl cutter to get it how it should be. That and make up ships name and other warning  signs as well.

I've looked at the BECC online catalogue, but they don't deal direct, you have to go through a retailer which just means another link that could go wrong between my explanation and what I get back- I want a banana and eventually I get a cucumber for an analogy.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Custom Lettering
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:31:19 pm »

Barry's Model Lettering.

http://www.modellettering.com
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:45:05 am »

Thanks Martin, I'll take a look.

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:45:07 pm »

Can anyone suggest a company that does custom lettering?

I would like to send them an email of what I require basically because it is not standard text so may have to be scanned in to their vinyl cutter to get it how it should be. That and make up ships name and other warning  signs as well.

I've looked at the BECC online catalogue, but they don't deal direct, you have to go through a retailer which just means another link that could go wrong between my explanation and what I get back- I want a banana and eventually I get a cucumber for an analogy.

Contact BECC directly and talk to Chris. They will do one offs if you ask for them.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:16 am »

Is Barry (Barry's Model Lettering) still going?  I e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago for a quote and heard nothing.  I phoned him a few days back and got his answerphone.  Left a message including a contact number.  Still nothing.  Is there any other way of getting hold of him?  Is he still supplying stuff?

Thanks for any advice

Greg

boat captain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:07 am »

He was at Blackpool the other week and he was telling me is in the process of handing the business over to his daughter.
Joe
Liverpool MBC Committee Member

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 05:27:26 pm »

Well I sent an email to modellettering (Barry) and the reply from Sarah was basically 'no' then went on to say they can't print white on white! Which is not something I requested %% A shame really because according to his web pricing, even before the two special prints I needed the rest of my lettering came to about £30, so that's a sale he's lost.

However all is not lost. A very kind forum member has done them for me, no queue or waiting time, I emailed him a jpeg of what I needed and he mailed me back a couple of hours later to ask for my address as he had done them! Fantastic service and only for a donation to the RNLI next time I pass a collection box.

I'm just sorry I can't name him. I forgot to ask for permission to do so and its not fair on him to do so without it.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »

Well, apparently Barry is on a cruise at the moment.  Just had a call from a lady (presumably his daughter?) and the order is now placed.  So all appears to be fine - and I hope Barry enjoys his cruise!   :-))

Greg

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 09:04:47 pm »

Well I sent an email to modellettering (Barry) and the reply from Sarah was basically 'no' then went on to say they can't print white on white! Which is not something I requested %% A shame really because according to his web pricing, even before the two special prints I needed the rest of my lettering came to about £30, so that's a sale he's lost.

However all is not lost. A very kind forum member has done them for me, no queue or waiting time, I emailed him a jpeg of what I needed and he mailed me back a couple of hours later to ask for my address as he had done them! Fantastic service and only for a donation to the RNLI next time I pass a collection box.

I'm just sorry I can't name him. I forgot to ask for permission to do so and its not fair on him to do so without it.

The reason for no charge is that its a new (well new to me) toy and I'm still on the learning curve, added to that I had the colour "In stock" and I could squeeze them in on an area that was going to be wasted

Anyways a quick pic of the finished articles

I did 2 versions, one normal and one reversed so it could be used as a paint mask, just in case the vinyl ones didn't look right once on the hull

If anyone else needs something doing then drop me a PM

One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:40 pm »

"Up the Posh!"
.... local football team.  :D
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 09:17:05 pm »

"Up the Posh!"
.... local football team.  :D

They still going Martin......  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.