The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Billing Boats Zwarte Zee Build

<< < (2/6) > >>

essex2visuvesi:
All that in 8 Weeks?!?

I think most of us have only just opened the box and looked at the parts at the 8 week marker  {-)

Thats looking to be a nice build today

Mark T:
Now thats looking like its developing into a very nice build.  That would have taken me about 4 times longer too as I'm such a slow builder  :embarrassed:

Tug-Kenny RIP:

Well done so far.  A nice piece of workmanship.   :-))

Cheers

ken

roycv:
Yes well done, I have taken over the build of a Zwarte Zee that has been work in progress for at least 30 years!
regards Roy

Jherek:
Thanks for the kind comments. Jack, do you have a build thread for the aziz? I think my next kit will be probably be an Aeronaut Diva for my daughter (a bit of light relief and excuse to varnish mahogany) and then I'll get a model slipway kit, I've got my eye on the envoy but I do like these modern tugs.

So one with the build, I've not done alot today so far...

This is the replacement tiller, if you fit one of these, you need to cut the brass rudder sleeve down  before you epoxy it into the hull or you will end up hacking at it with a dremel, there is not alot
of clearance under the deck.

Brass bits and portholes added. Looking at the photos of the real ship, the engine housing is missing quite a few rails which I might add later if I have enough brass wire.
I can see myself ordering more as there are lots of handrails on the superstructure that are not included in this model.

Anchor hole added. The rivets on this 'porthole' will be coming off and I'll add a some plating above the anchor hole. For future builders, drilling holes in ABS is best done in stages, I started by marking the center will an awl, then used a 2.5mm drill bit to create a guide hole and then a 5mm and finally reamed out the hole to the correct size.

The grey filler is from learning that large drips of cellulose sanding sealer melt abs plastic!

The anchor is not referenced in the instructions, so guesswork takes over, I think that the anchor chains would go through the deck infront of the winch, which I have marked with an X?

I'm guessing the anchor chain would be stored below the deck and go back down through these holes in the winch plate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version