Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Message from a new member  (Read 1220 times)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Message from a new member
« on: November 18, 2014, 04:17:34 am »

I received this PM from Ron Rees, a name that may be familiar to some people here. He asked me to post it on the forum.

Peter.

Hi Peter, Thankyou for your welcome message. I am still trying to navigate around the site. Do I have to fill in that questionnaire at the bottom of this page every time I post, seems a bit long winded.However I am enjoying my first tentative steps into the world of Boat blogging, twittering or whatever they call it.For your info, I have been modelling for 60 years and have come back over the last few years to Boats. I am also a 'Staff writer' for Model Boats magazine over here. (I don't know if you get that, but our friend John Parker who lives in Oz is a regular.)I design and make models and am known for 'Playing' with new materials like Foam etc. as well as all the latest Tech stuff. Not bad for a 66 year old git!.Working on a really big article on how to make model Figures from scratch(at 1/24th scale at the moment) in particular, Navy gun crews and so on. should be a good one when it's finished. Thanks again...keep in touch, and you can put this reply on the blog if you like, I haven't worked out how to do it yet!. Cheers.........All the best.....Ron Rees.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Message from a new member
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:49:34 pm »

Just goes to show what a really great guy Martin is, O0 O0 as are the members here,  O0 O0 as that will not be held against him. %) %)
Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.