Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action in the North Atlantic  (Read 1224 times)

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
Action in the North Atlantic
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:30:35 pm »

Anyone else seen it? It was on Film4 a few weeks ago, I wasn't too hopeful about it at the start but I have to say it has 1 of the best maritime battle scenes I've seen at about 35 mins in. I'd highly recommend it to anyone if it's on again soon!

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Action in the North Atlantic
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:58 pm »

Try the movies "Airforce" and "Destination Tokyo"  you'll see a lot of the same battle scenes. They were used in several movies.  It's amazing how scenes from "Tora,Tora,Tora" keep showing up in other movies too,  including the fairly recent "Australia"
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:02:45 pm »

Lol I remember the same Mosquito crash landing scene being used in 'Mosquito Squadron' and some other film, 633 Squadron?

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 07:15:00 pm »

The scene was shot for "633 Squadron" and then re-used for the fairly dreadful "Mosquito Squadron"  I think it's showed up elsewhere too.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.