Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamco 6ch 2.4 Tx  (Read 2495 times)

Boatman777

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Tamco 6ch 2.4 Tx
« on: December 08, 2014, 10:35:07 pm »

Hi, Last week I bought a new Tamco 6ch 2.4 Tx/Rx for my small (400mm & slow) tug boat which just needs 2 channels. The left stick has ratchet operation, the r/h stick is spring loaded and centres itself. I want to make the r/h stick behave like the l/h stick so that I can set both the throttle and rudder knowing the sticks will not move if I put the Tx down for a while. Amerang (importers) told me Tamco do not produce an optional part 'Internal Ratchet Arm & Screw' for fitting to the r/h stick to convert it to ratchet operation.
Can any Forum members suggest a part to fit my Tamco Tx and give r/h stick ratchet operation?? ...thanks

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tamco 6ch 2.4 Tx
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:21:06 am »

You could try just removing the return springs from the stick.

Mind you, I'm curious to know why you want to put the transmitter down with a model driving itself un-attended.   %)

Cheers

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »

I prefer to have both sticks self centring so I know the motors stopped when I let the stick return to neutral and the boats in the middle of the lake it's not always easy to know where neutral is on a ratchet, as a ratchet stick is aimed at an aircraft that obviously doesn't need a mid position neutral, I converted my Saturn 6 using a centring arm and spring out of an old TX, with a little reworking of the arm, it's surprizing how similar the internal parts are in different makes.  ok2

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

I would be very concerned if someone started doing that on our club water. Its bad enough when we get chatting and forget about where our boats are! O0 O0

Barrie

Boatman777

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 10:54:13 pm »

Hi, I have access to a pond which is a 150 x 50ft oval and I have never seen another boat use it during the last ten years. Reeds border half the banks. I sail my (1928) Sutcliffe 14" meths pop-pop boat on the pond and from time to time it becomes stuck in the reeds, usually due to cross winds, so I have just made a small tug to act as a rescue boat. A discrete magnet on the tug's bow disguised as a fender attaches to the rear of the tinplate Sutcliffe and allows it to be pulled out of the reeds.
The reason for my proposed Tx stick mods is to be able now and again, to set the rescue tug to make slow circles whilst I attend to the Sutcliffe. There is no danger in this, except to the occasional duck to which I show respect!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »

Just order another ratchet as in the left hand stick and remove the springs.
I have made one of these from brazing rod which worked well for years.

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.