Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It hasn't been a good day today  (Read 5820 times)

inertia

It hasn't been a good day today
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:58:42 pm »

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: It hasn't been a good day today
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

(but at least the M******* speed controller has come from Howes.)

Yes, but you may find you need to reset a jumper setting....

Colin

inertia

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:08 pm »

;D

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 07:47:10 pm »

Just Remember Dave I asked for it first when your finished with it when you find its not as good as ACTion. lol
       Regards Howard.

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 07:57:13 pm »

Milbs it would ONLY happen to YOU  O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

I would simply have BLOWN a Fuse that is SIMPLY not good enough.....To Charge a customer for changing a jumper that was to small and then not refunding the money and giving so called credit notes or whatever...That is NOT good trading at all .........leaves you totally SPEECHLESS

Dave

inertia

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:16 am »

Milbs it would ONLY happen to YOU  O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

I would simply have BLOWN a Fuse that is SIMPLY not good enough.....To Charge a customer for changing a jumper that was to small and then not refunding the money and giving so called credit notes or whatever...That is NOT good trading at all .........leaves you totally SPEECHLESS

Dave
They have come back to me, offering a five quid refund by way of an apology if I give them the order number of the second transaction. There wasn't one that I'm aware of; Telephone Woman simply took my card details and gave me a confirmation number, which I wrote down. This was handed to the store staff who didn't give it back to me. Looks like I'm stuffed again.
They've also told me that if Sandra calls in to the shop with the card that she used for the original transaction AND the Gift Voucher they will exchange the latter for a refund against her card. Sandra lives thirty miles away and visits Nottingham once in a blue moon. I doubt she will want to visit that particular store again for any reason.
I intend to contact the Citizens' Advice Consumer people about the legality of refusing to offer an exchange in these circumstances. I doubt that any model retailer would behave in such an arrogant and high-handed fashion. Even ACTion offered FOC exchanges on the rare occasions when something went wrong!!
To think that we've bought a double-oven and a 55" TV from them in the last couple of years, too.
Onwards and upwards!!  <*<
DM

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:06:25 am »

I had an issue with John Lewis earlier this year.
Checked on-line to make sure the item in stock, yes, 3.
Drove 25 miles to John Lewis to purchase.
'Yes 3 in stock but they are display models only, we can't sell them to you sir.'
John Lewis then orders one in for me to be delivered in 3 days time.

Send snotty email to John Lewis, referencing "Knowingly undersold!"
 £10 refund for "inconvenience"....

>:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

inertia

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:20 am »

I've since done some sniffing around Trading Standards' website and found to my surprise that customers have no legal rights to refunds or exchange goods in circumstances where, for example, they have bought the wrong size garment. To qualify for an obligatory refund the goods must either be faulty or not matching the sales description. JL are therefore quite entitled to place conditions on exchanging the jumper. Funny, though, how the situation was contrived so that I was unable to pay for the replacement jumper with the refund from the original one. Never again ( well, not after I've spent these b****y gift vouchers!)
Caveat emptor John Lewis.
DM

Howard
If you're such a fan of ACTion then why would you want anything else? At least I have a tangible (if tenuous) excuse!! I'll keep you posted.
Dave M

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 02:14:18 pm »

Its just nice to know why and confirm why I buy ACTion Dave.
 not been proved wrong yet. Dave I think trading standards might be interested in your John Lewis story so glad we don't have one close and now wont even try them so thanks Dave for letting us know how good they are.
         regards Howard.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »

Dave I think trading standards might be interested in your John Lewis story
Why?
As DM as found, there is no legal requirement for a trader to 'deal' with a customer who has bought the wrong item, as long as it was accurately described.
Years of M&S 'no questions' refunds, which are to a large extent now offered by many other retailers, has convinced a lot of people that they have a legal right to this - they don't, except perhaps under the Distance Selling rules.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

It must have been some jumper Dave you bought 2 of them!!! {-) {-) {-) {-)

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 05:48:03 pm »

SORRY if I was wrong now I know why I only read

inertia

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 06:42:26 pm »

It must have been some jumper Dave you bought 2 of them!!! {-) {-) {-) {-)
Bob

Should have gone to Tesco, eh, Bob? In fact I only bought one - I just paid for two (and at the moment I have none)!
Latest development is that JL HQ have passed the buck to the local store's Customer Services staff "who will be in contact with you soon". That sounds to me very much like the last I'll hear from them without visiting the store with a cattle-prod. I wonder if John Lewis sells them - after all, I have gift vouchers for £49........... <*<

Onwards and upwards.
DM

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »

You could use the vouchers to buy something seasonal like a christmas jumper!!!
Problem solved.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »

You could use the vouchers to buy something seasonal like a christmas jumper!!!
Problem solved.

Bob

I got this one for my Dad :)
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 08:42:33 pm »

{-) {-) {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

inertia

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Well, the pantomime has reached its climax with the arrival of the replacement jumper. No - it's fine. It fits; it's the right style and colour and there are no faults or loose strands anywhere that I can see.
Along with it came a printed Delivery Note which had the usual scant order details on the front (Stock number, Description, etc). It was when I turned it over that my blood pressure went past 180/120.......

"Exchanges and Refunds
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the item with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it".

Exchange.
Did you see that word there, used as an alternative to Refund?
Exchange = swap one item for another of equal value; barter etc. Not "make you order and pay for a replacement before we give you a Gift Voucher as a refund for the other one, thereby making sure you have to spend another fifty quid in this sorry emporium".

Dear John Lewis - I don't have to libel or slander you anywhere. All of this happened just as I have described and folk can make up their minds about how competent etc your staff are and how honest, transparent and customer-oriented your Returns policies. No employee of yours involved anywhere in this chain comes out with any credit, save perhaps the poor guy in the store who was confronted by me at my most sardonic.
If I see you in a pub I'll buy you a pint, matey - as long as they accept John Lewis Gift Cards.....................
Caveat b****y emptor, indeed!
Dave M

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:44 pm »

Wire him up Dave!

>>:-(

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »

Hmmmm, I think the Mayhem solicitor may be a bit busy this Christmas!   :((

inertia

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »

Stop Press! Drop the dead donkey! Social Media Case Manager for John Lewis contacts bad-tempered old grouch to make him smile again!

My noises have apparently been heard where it mattered. As of five minutes ago JL are going to refund the £49 which I paid for the replacement jumper, along with the extra £3 for delivery - and they are also happy for me to keep the £49 Gift Card. That means that the jumper has cost the grand total of £Nothing. They might be a cr*p shop but their men's knitwear is excellent value...................... 8)
Nil carborundum?
DM

Martin - For anything to be libelous it has to be demonstrably untrue. Ditto 'slanderous'. Having offered their profuse apology and full compensation they would be hard-pressed to deny events. The "shading" can be put down to opinion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.