Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Staffs!  (Read 3155 times)

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
Hello from Staffs!
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:26:58 pm »

Hi all,
 like a few, I have returned to modelling from a few years of life. I have been left a number of models by my late uncle and this has rekindled my enthusiasm. I already owned a MFA Fairey Fantome, but now have gained a MFA fairey Swordfish, a Robbie Prinzess, and a Krick Lady. Both the faireys have suffered from moving house and age. I have just built the Prinzess but now need to do the paint and finishing touches.
 I am hoping to be able to contribute to the forum(possibly give a few giggles as I seem to always end up wet whenever there is anyone else around with a camera!) and also find out about clubs ect in the area.

pete
Now where did I put that?

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Hello from staffs!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:06:37 pm »

Welcome to the best on-line model boat forum (don't tell Martin I said that- he'll think I want money  :police: ). Just post lots of pictures and you wont go far wrong.
Don't Assume Check

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 08:40:10 am »

Hi Pete, come down to Westport Lake Tunstall, we the Potteries Model Boat Club sail on the
Boating lake every Wed & Sun morning.Have a chat with the lads.

John

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »

Thank you guys! I will make a point of trying to come down on sunday john! Will try to get some pics up soon!

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »

Welcome aboard Pete, good luck with the builds. You will get loads of good advice and tips from the forum, post some pics.
       Cheers,
          Peter. :-))

Tricky Dicky

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »

Hi Pete
 The're a nice helpful bunch of lads that meet at Westport. John44, has been very encouraging to me, both on the forum and at the lake. I haven't been there recently as I'm doing remedial work on the two craft I have. When you go park in the car park and walk down the path between the two lakes and you will come across a large landing stage on the small lake on your left. You cannot sail on the large lake as it's not allowed. The lads usually get there about 09.00and leave about 11.00. You can sail there at anytime but if you go when they are there if you come unstuck someone will always rescue you with their craft. There is a club but it appears it is being re-structured but they will tell you all about it when you go. There is a large lodge by the lake which does hot drinks and butties etc if you get peckish. So all in all a full set of pluses.  :-))

Just a note you cannot use petrol powered craft as it's also a nature reserve etc.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:55:38 pm »

Bit late to the party but Welcome to the Mayhem Pete!

Welcome to the best on-line model boat forum (don't tell Martin I said that- he'll think I want money  :police: ).

Tenna,  usual rate Doug?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 04:46:09 pm »

Hi Pete
 The're a nice helpful bunch of lads that meet at Westport. John44, has been very encouraging to me, both on the forum and at the lake. I haven't been there recently as I'm doing remedial work on the two craft I have. When you go park in the car park and walk down the path between the two lakes and you will come across a large landing stage on the small lake on your left. You cannot sail on the large lake as it's not allowed. The lads usually get there about 09.00and leave about 11.00. You can sail there at anytime but if you go when they are there if you come unstuck someone will always rescue you with their craft. There is a club but it appears it is being re-structured but they will tell you all about it when you go. There is a large lodge by the lake which does hot drinks and butties etc if you get peckish. So all in all a full set of pluses.  :-))

Just a note you cannot use petrol powered craft as it's also a nature reserve etc.

Thank you! That's really helpful! I'm going to see what the weather brings this weekend and I might try to make it!  :-))  It's about a hour from me but by the sounds of things it'll be worth it!

Thank you Martin! Lots of help received and do I have to pay the tenner?! {-) {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.