Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tenacity of the SKY broadband salesman  (Read 5706 times)

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
Re: Tenacity of the SKY broadband salesman
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 08:18:30 pm »

So much for changing the number and going Ex-D. We had our first cold-call today "Our records show that someone at that number had a motor accident recently".
They won't call again in a hurry, but I would love to know how the hell they got hold of an unlisted number. Do they just sit there and dial at random? Oh - and it was definitely not a foreign call; the woman sounded as English as I am.  >>:-(
DM

I had the same call today >>:-(  I politely informed the lady that with 18 years no claims(touch wood! %) ) I had most certainly not had an accident. I then pointed out that I was likely to have one while she was on the phone because I was driving (using a hands free I might add!) and did she understand how many people would be upset if I crashed a lorry containing 3 horses?! She put the phone down on me. :-))  Nice to know that have no clue what they're on about!!!

Pete
Now where did I put that?

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tenacity of the SKY broadband salesman
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 08:46:18 pm »

they were talking about this on the radio the other week.

Elderly Lady called in to say that when they called her to say she's had an accident she replied "yes but its ok... I cleaned it up and put on some dry clothes..... I don't think anyone will notice. I'm at that age y'know"

I almost crashed the car laughing
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.