Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drone law...  (Read 7466 times)

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
Re: Drone law...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »

Right, Back to Kites then, eeh Arrow5?
 :-)) :-)) :-))

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 09:10:49 am »

Maximum altitude for kites and balloons is even lower than the 400ft for R/C planes and multi-rotors.  Keeping the glass plates wet was my major problem Umi  %)  and you had to have a biggish model to carry the half-plate cameras. O0    Current aircraft in the  20" span range , cameras the size of Oxo cubes (1") , military have Humming-bird and even insect size drones with cameras and other sensing devices , oops shhh. :police:
..well can you land on this?

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 04:05:19 pm »

1984!
      George had a wonderful imagination or was it imagination?
          Cheers,
             Peter. >:-o

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

How it was done just a few years ago.   Bird plane was for snooping on wildlife crime and clandestine work in rural areas. Big one carried a Pentax 645 (120 size film)  It was a powered glider, 400 still shots on 6cm movie film stock.  Motorway and construction progress shots mostly.   Corgaff Castle was taken just after a snow storm and full-size aircraft couldn't take off till runways were cleared. All the models were hand launched and belly landers, no wheels , rough terrain on average. Golf course fairways were heaven ! Cameras were 35mm Canon, Pentax and Nikon. Advertising on aircraft proved to be a mistake hence the "Bird Research" motif .  The guy with the shotgun under his arm always gave the clue " I suppose it`ll be these damned geese/buzzards/crows"   The usual knowing nod, wink and bit of " I`m not at liberty to say" got me out of a lot potential trouble.

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 04:33:51 pm »

There used to be a chap who flew a huge r/c pterodactyl over the landfill site where we used to tip, he was paid a few quid to keep the seagulls away. The thing was huge, frightened the life out of me first time I ever saw it...had to check what 'er that was indoors had put in my flask!

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »

Yep that was an experiment we were testing with migrating geese on Scottish islands  using 60 powered Wot 4s and own design deltas with no silencers.  Speed and noise didn't scare them but sure annoyed the neighbours.  Back to model boats, at the same place trying keep Eider Ducks off oyster farms .  Fast and noisy Cigarette hull , glo motor straight pipe, then slow and quiet with dummy seal body, the ducks worst enemy.   Both failures but I`ve still got the seal decoy that was intended to scare them.  Called it Andre after a real seal that I got friendly with in USA.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.