Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOTOR FOR MBD CYGNUS REVENGE.  (Read 3430 times)

DerekB

• Full Mayhemer
MOTOR FOR MBD CYGNUS REVENGE.
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:15:43 am »

Having had no offers in my search for an 'unwanted' Cygnus Revenge I have ordered one from Models By Design.  The only problem is that he has such a big order to complete the waiting time is about 6 weeks.  This gives me some time to think about the power train and, at the moment, I am considering a high power brushless on a single prop and shaft.  The ones I have in mind, at the present time, are - (1) Turnigy Aquastar 4084-1050Kv, (2) Turnigy Aquastar 4084-620Kv (3) Turnigy Aquastar 3974-2200Kv, (all water cooled).  These are from HobbyKing and all 3 are available from China warehouse at about £44 & £37 plus shipping, etc.  (1) and (3) are available from the UK warehouse at about £51 & £39 plus p&p.  What are members' thoughts on these, please?  Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.
I have 2 unused Graupner 700BB Turbo motors but I do not want to use a twin set-up and a single 700BB would not be powerful enough to give a scale planning speed.

Derek.

Stavros

Re: MOTOR FOR MBD CYGNUS REVENGE.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:51:39 am »

Pair of 1050 on 14v/motor....got one on a single shaft...running time around 20 mins      it needs twin shafts as it is a heavy hull.....dont bother with anything else

Dave

DerekB

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 11:26:44 am »

Many thanks, Dave.  My ideas came from a 48"(?) RAF Crash Tender which I built not too long ago and powered it with a single large brushless outrunner and it looked just right so far as scale speed and planing were concerned.  Unfortunately, I sold the boat some little while ago and cannot remember which motor, etc., I used.

Derek.

DerekB

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:07:34 am »

Unfortunately I do not seem to be having a lot of success with this enquiry, apart from the reply from Stavros.  However, let's try another tack - when I sold my crash tender I believe it was through Mayhem and it will now have been deleted under the 6 month rule (unless Martin or Moderators have access to deleted items).  If the person who bought my crash tender should happen to see this item could I ask him to contact me with details of the outrunner I installed in it, please.
Many thanks.

Derek.

lordfortesque

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

Hi derek, i have a cygnus revenge if you are still looking
mike.

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 12:42:38 pm »

Have you thought of asking Andy at Models By Design what motor he would recommend?

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 08:18:24 am »

Really old thread I know but a friend is going to build one shortly and I suggested these to Andy Griggs to which he gave a thumbs up
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-3542-800kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html?___store=en_us
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.