Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SD 14 Card Model  (Read 92013 times)

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: SD 14 Card Model
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »

Hello Martin,
Thank you for asking.every thing is on hold at the moment as 1/ I'm still awaiting my op which will be two years on may 3nd,  2/ we are in a rented house as sold last one and the bunglow will not be ready till end of Feb/early March so all my boat modelling gear are in storage at a friends house where there safe and not in a container then I have to set up a new hobby room and a hobby garage her in doors has been told theres no room for the car Carl/carlmt, has some more photo,s but the guys been up to the eyes with his own Ferry build but am so looking forward to getting back into it but to be honest looks like it may be late summer before am up and running again as i can just see me getting started on the hobby room and garage when the hospital says  thay want me in again Martin thanks for asking.
                          Regards Howard.

Chris G

• Full Mayhemer
  • Andree1v the real thing.
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55:17 pm »

Hello Howard
You would seem to be having a bit of a nightmare with the OP and all associated with it. God willing and lets all hope you will be fit and well and in your new workshop soon. I have missed hearing from you of late and am glad to have this opportunity to wish you well.
We both have fond memories of your welcoming us to your Goole open day and would hope to come up again soon.
Take care and best regards Chris G

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 04:40:59 pm »

Hi Chris,
 cheers mate yes it is a nightmare, went into hospital on June 29th last for op next morning  but my B,M's  was 85 so he would not take the risk and sent me home but my bloods are ok now so just waiting for a letter. Not been able to get to the club for 9 months now to painful to ride the bike and to painful to change gear as its my left shoulder wife takes me when she can, Am really missing the lads and just modelling on a hole at least with the new bungalow I have no upstairs windows to clean, there's a good chance my op will be done in Goole hospital and not Scunthorpe's so some of the lads might pop in and see me. You never understand how much you enjoy model boat building till you cant do it,
You know you and your good lady are most welcome at the club anytime you want to.

Regards Howard. 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

Hey Howard,

There are a lot of excellent modellers on here, with Really sharp knives and all sorts of glues..... what Op do you need?!   :kiss:

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:41 am »

I was a very clever boy and fell 18ft when cleaning the upstairs windows and gutters Martin, fell onto a hardwood garden kissing seat which broke my fall but ended up with three broken ribs and four snapped muscles in my left shoulder and and am left totally left handed they only found out about the muscles after I complained for nine months that I could use it but most of all the pain am taking something like 350/400 pain killers plus patches a month which isn't good but just want it done so I can get back to modelling and my boat club (Goole) a great bunch of guys, You'll have to come up to one of our night sails Martin.

Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 03:34:00 am »

Hi Guys,
Hope your ready for all this!

Well we moved out of the house and into a rented place last November so all modelling came to a stop and all my kits, plans and started models went to my mate's house in the warm and dry and modelling stuff packed up and into storage something like 90 box's her-in-doors was not impressed as that was just my hobby stuff, still we didn't get moved into the bungalow till April 20th  and getting things done and keeping her happy with her jobs came first, yes pet! 

Just got started on new ship yard / hobby room) when hospital said we,ll do your op now 3rd August, Great but now hand, arm out of action for 8 weeks then holiday then back a week and went down with what I thought was start of cold/flu, Wife came home and found me with a temp of 41oC.  Ambulance crew said another hour and I could of died so 5 days in ICU and 3 more on a ward so after a week or so of resting up her-in-doors go's up to Sunderland as her mum had broken both hips in 9 keeps, I being a bored clever sod thought I'll take my bike out for a run charge the battery and the like, you guested it I lost control  25 miles from home and at mo am not broke any bones but very very sore and black and blue from neck to my toe's swollen left leg no skin on both knees and no sleep for ten days now so to say am pi--ed off with this year is a under-statement!

Anyway, now the good news, I've just found out where out off 200 or so box's still in the garage the one with the the SD14 is so that's coming out tomorrow so hopefully I may start a little modelling again and finish the shipyard/hobby room once am a little more able.
Really hope I havn't bored and sent you guys asleep bringing you up to date as to why i have not been keeping you all  up to date with the SD14 build but I hope to start again very soon( or should I wait till this years out)
 Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »

Trial and tribulation in 2016 then Howard.... nearly 2017!

Did the model survive the move OK?

M
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »

Good to hear you are still out there Howard.
What a lot to go through in the past year.
Was expecting you to pay us a visitsome time,
Now I know why you didnt make it.
Hopefully things are going to get better now
you are settling in to your new home and
getting back on track.
Let me know when the Goolies
are having a do and I will come over.

Ned

Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 07:50:32 pm »

Thanks and yes Martin, 2017 cant come soon enough and tonight am about to open my sd14 box found it after only looking  at about 50 box's  so pleased I did,nt have to move the other 150 by the way Martin my friend is looking after the part I have already built just put me back a years so now it will maybe 2021 before it gets its bum wet but lets hope not.

Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 07:52:57 am »

Hello Ned,
good to see your still about and sailing at Cleggy I have got over a few times with wife and grandson but sadly to late as you,ed gone and the last few lads was just about packing up, So good tonight to few and look at the SD14 box but like a told Martin maybe  I,ll let 2016 pass before  getting the new shipyard/hobby room finnshed and getting back up to speed.As for getting over to Goole would love to see you there Ned better still Goole Model Boat Club would love to see your club at one of our open days or better still how about the night sail next September sailing at night with all the models lite up is something special by the Ned am now a Yellow belly as we now live in Lincolnshire (Scotter) and not Scunthorpe.
Again hope to see you soon.

Regards Howard. 

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »

Lol, just been informed  A&E rung to say they relooked at my xray's and and you guessed it I've  broke  no8,7 and pos, no 6 ribs so 3 weeks on i now know why i ouch, but never mine that am well on the way you finishing hobby/ship yard two and hope to post some phones as soon as i can same reasons as last time ( am think and dont under stand how to do it and Carl'm is far to busy a man this time so will just have to work it out. Really looking forward to starting the SD14 again. with down sizeing to the bunglow I have so many old collections to get rid of Corgi's and plastic airplane models I like boat modelling so much better and at 62 I only have time for one, As I have hundereds far to many to photo andprice as rules state on here unless Martin and the Mod's allow as i know lots on here  have more then one hobby just hate them going on flea- bay or car-boot  cosh how many boat  kits could I buy with the lot I wonder lol. Still guys keep watching  If your still interested in the slow build of a SD 14.I'll try not and bore you all.

Regards Howard. 

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2016, 10:21:19 pm »

I am pleased to hear that you are being mended fully and that your new mancave is nearly complete. I look forward to seeing more progress reports of your mammoth build.
Pond weed is your enemy

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 11:19:22 pm »

:-)) Hi Howard  :-))
Really pleased to hear that you are on the mend my friend!!!  No worries about helping out with the photo attachments - it would be my pleasure to assist in publicising your adventures with the SD14.  Any you want adding - just send them over via email and I will sort it for you.  I know I have a few here that have yet to be uploaded, so I will refresh the thread with them once Warwick Show is over - I will have a bit more time then to give it some serious attention.

Looking forward to seeing the progress soon  :-))

Carl

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2016, 11:13:46 pm »

Hi Carl,  friend  at the moment I have with my e-mail mine is us so when you get a chance if you can up-load any you can and i,ll try doing my end putting them on to mayhem till i can get it solved (Bt crap) but Virgin not out here in the village. Once am a little better will take some photo,s of the new hobby/shipyard room the finishing work-top is getting done on the 30th. So looking forward to modelling again as am now about a year behind with the SD 14.

Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2016, 11:35:08 pm »

Right Gents,
Owing to to I cant get the last bit of the shipyard/hobby room (oak work-top done till the end of the month Plus the ribs are still not knitting together and being itching to get started back modelling am going to skip forward a bit and start making some of the smaller deck fittings, like multi and may-be some hatch covers-angle fairleads, mooring winches these I would like to make in plastic or better still make one and cast them in resin,I hope to show you the results once I work out hows its done. Hope all who are still interested will hang on in as your views and comments keep me going

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »

I am waiting patiently Howard. I wish your ribs do knit promptly.
Pond weed is your enemy

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 09:25:57 pm »

Right Gents,
Im going to try making a balsa wood plug of the lifeboats then then soak them in ronseal wood hardener the reason for doing it this way am hoping to use the plug with a small vac-form machine I have bought it will mean I can make them hollow with no covers white outside yellow inside Im hoping to make a lot of the deck fitting either from resin casts or vac-formed or a bit of both I,ll take some photo's as i go  and will post up once my e-mail is working again.

Regards Howard.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2016, 11:15:11 am »

Go for it Howard, you should get some good results. I did similar for my light fittings, I made a wooden plug, pinned plasticard over a similar hole then heated it up, then pushed the plug into the plasticard. With a vac form machine you should get far superior results.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:49 am »

May I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and for keeping faith with my build thread normal service will soon start again shortly Hobby room/man cave is now finished only the garage work shop to sort out but plans on what I need now made I hope to upload photo's soon, Cant wait to get back modelling, More so the SD14 watch this space.

Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »

Hi Guys,
Can anyone point me to a good photo resizing program so I can upload some photo,s as till I can finish fitting out my garage am going to start making some of the deck fittings and accommodation blocks plus navigation bridge deck, Can't read any more books must get back model making.

Regards Howard

Stavros

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:24 pm »

I Use Photobox and all you do is simply upload original pic ...when you have uploaded the pic all you need to do is to click on the picture and on the right of it you will see a box of 4 or 5  image urls...you simply hover over the bottom one and copy...them simply paste on to your mayhem post and the post your posting ...it automatically resises it and away you go ...it is hosted externally and doesnt use mayhem server space

Dave

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:36 pm »

Hell thank you Dave that was quick I'll try it.

Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »

100_2440 - Click to view full size photo

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »

Thanks Dave, it works the picture is a small lead melting  machine very save and can melt 10lb, of lead in about 20/30 mins more photo's will now follow.

Regards Howard.

Stavros

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »

The handy thing about photobox is no silly resising and not only simple to use BUT you can see what is posted not like some on here

Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.