Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SD 14 Card Model  (Read 92005 times)

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: SD 14 Card Model
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2020, 11:46:57 am »

Hi Warspite,
 No each one can be different  all 1mm wide but some can be two or more long I use a pair of Tamiya scissors or just a Stanley knife does drive you nuts some times but no other way of doing it lol as I have said many times not a weekend build but four years now but it is a hobby amounst other things  I have a stash on over two hundred blades card blunts them very quickly.
                 Regard Howard.   

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2020, 11:53:09 pm »

Thank you Martin,
 But both are no good wish they was, it's not holes I need and the slot is 3mm wide when I need only 1mm but thank you for the heads up only think is a good Sharpe Stanley knife lots of then as card blunts them like you wouldn't beleave, I have over 200 hundred  in the draw ready to use.
            Regards Howard. 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2020, 05:20:59 am »

No, no, no no!   Just because that's what You want ... what's that got to do with anything?!  :}

So all the slots are 1mm wide, up to 20mm long?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2020, 09:33:37 am »

Thank you Martin,
 Looks good but slots are different lengths I have a small Proxxon table saw and have used that on some of the longer ones and I some time change some of the card for 1mm ply every now and then to add more strength up to now the pillar plates in the holds and soon some of the longitude transverse beams.
             Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2020, 10:34:25 am »

OK.... if it sunny this weekend, I'm coming to your house and cut slots!

Back garden or one of the other three gardens .... or by the waterfall.... or even by the helipad!
    :-))

" I have a stash on over two hundred blades...."  I don't think that will be enough! 

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2020, 11:45:09 am »

Hi Martin,
 Your welcome any time bring more blades with you as  you have said 200 blades might not be enough.
          Regards Howard. 

RST

« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2020, 01:46:19 am »

What about, whataboutdis!!!!   O0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KATSU-Craft-Machine-Cutting-100001/dp/B07K1DP223/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=mini+table+saw&qid=1594701869&sr=8-10

...for the record, I have on of these coming direct from AIM tools (same seller) for about £20 cheaper than that amazon price.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:00 am »

...for the record, I have on of these coming direct from AIM tools (same seller) for about £20 cheaper than that amazon price.

https://www.aimtools.co.uk/products/100001

They do have some interesting looking tools .... and Very reasonable prices!  :o
 Let us know your impressions and quaity when it arrives.   :-))

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2020, 10:37:08 am »

Thank you for that RST think I might buy one, at that price think Martin should as well :}

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2020, 03:58:14 pm »

Hello Gents,
As a break from cutting out slots in card I thought I'd make the Aft Deck House as I intended to make every thing from the main deck up all the accommodation funnel and fittings made with plastic or casted in resin, with my getting close to the poop deck level the Aft Deck House would make a nice change, I still have a few small bit to make like railing doors a fire fighting equipment ,and a docking telephone box  the house is a firm fit box into the main deck  , rudder shaft and rubber servo so I can get the  if a ever need to. On the real ship the Aft  deck house provides a desk storeroom and access to the steering gear flat and number five cargo hold the roof is also a place to store the spare propeller of which I have a spare of the right size in my spares box I'll  not use as its white metal am not sure which colour or cover in a tarpaulin your help is needed Gents.   

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2020, 10:35:44 am »

Would the colour of Tarp be very pale almost patchy yellow - sun bleached, put some tissue over the prop photograph it and then make a plasticard structure fro scraps that would approximate the prop, so when the painted tissue is placed on top, it looks like the props underneath, saves using a prop.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2020, 01:30:42 pm »

Thank you Warspite,
the propeller is a white metal one which I'll never use on any of my boats so not worried about using it just wasn't sure what colour like white, grey primer or red oxy, covered or uncovered like you say I think most would be covered with a tarpaulin then lashed down.
               Regards Howard.   

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2020, 10:53:05 pm »

Hi RST,
Thanks for the heads up my mini cop saw came today not tried it but looks good great modelling tool.
got it for £35 posted  so very pleased
                  Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2020, 01:18:26 am »

Hello Morning Gents,
After giving it a lot of thought am going to take a small break from cutting card and making all them slots, after enjoying my real love of modelling in plastic and making the Aft  deck house am going to build the Upper Deck Accommodation, and as I have already said I intend to make every thing far the Main Deck up from plastic sheet hopefully showing you each Deck level as I go,
 I also will try and make every cabin and room  at each stage which will give each Deck a lot more strength.
             Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2020, 09:42:43 am »

Got to go with your  "real love"  in life..... then when that doesn't happen back to modelling boats!   O0

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2020, 11:40:02 pm »

Hi martin,
 Don't worry am still modelling in boats just with plastic for a few weeks as I can build the accommodation block with out having to cut hundreds of slots smell plastic glue again, but no am not a glue sniffer lol. a few pictures maybe sometime this week, Am making the bridge deck first then the main crew accommodation on the main deck under that as that has a curve built into it.
              Regards Howard.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2020, 07:36:00 pm »

Evening Gents,
bad week for modelling as grandsons now on school holidays plus me and wife look after his little sister, As I said I was going to take a few weeks off from cutting 1mm slots in card, As you will see I've started on the Bridge Deck Officers Accommodation reason being the Upper Deck Crew Accommodation being under it and is curved to follow the main deck so will turn this over once I have finished this deck so I can work from a flat surface  hope your following me lol. the other Decks above these  are the Boat Deck, Navigation Bridge Deck then last the Monkey Island.
              Regards Howard.     

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2020, 07:37:56 pm »

Ment to say am about half though this deck so far.
               Regards Howard.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

:-))

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2020, 03:30:55 pm »

Hi guys.
 Just thought I'd let you see I have now finished the first of the accommodation decks the Bridge Deck Officers Accommodation,
 now I'll turn it over and start  on the upper crew accommodation on the main deck. just the doors into the alleyway's to make from wood.  Am not sure what colour to paint the insides either matt dark grey or matt black as I'll be gluing all the deck together with LED's maybe in the cabins to light up when on a night sail your thoughts please gents I have enjoyed getting back to building in plastic.
                               Regards Howard.     

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2020, 04:13:17 pm »

At this scale and the limited size of 'through the window' viewing, would leaving it white be better and if the view through the window is quite good, print room pictures and stick those on the walls rather than building furniture, just make sure the pictures or coppage (cut out cardboard pictures like birthday cards) are stuck on with very good glue.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2020, 07:05:46 pm »

Thanks Warspite,
 worth a thought that's why I didn't put any doors in the cabins as I never thought they would be seen as I know which cabins are which. I have some nice white primer as I said all decks will be fixed to each other so although there you'll not be able to see much of the accommodation  but it will be very strong.
                  Regards Howard.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2020, 11:03:25 am »

Can you see inside ? that detailing the rooms with cardboard/plasticard furniture or pictures of a room on the walls will be worth it or will the 'glass' obscure the view inside
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.