Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STAR TREK: HEAVY DUTY TRICORDER AND TWOK PHASER.  (Read 1735 times)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
STAR TREK: HEAVY DUTY TRICORDER AND TWOK PHASER.
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:13:43 pm »

Hi guys, as some of you know I try and do some cosplay when I can, being an oldie I love the Kirk Era film uniforms and go in my TWOK field jacket.

I made a handheld Tricorder to go with this out of a old 80's electronic game.

But what I really wanted was a more heavy duty type they used in the TWOK, as you cannot get hold of one or a kit and at the moment my scratch making skills are not too good it was making one 'in the style of'.

So, I made it from another game unit, this time from the 70's, with added bits like handles and flashing led's.

The pictures are shown with it finished but with no decals on. These have been added now as has a strap.

I also needed a more robust TWOK phaser, I have a collectors version but it is just too delicate to have banging around so I was using a phaser from the The Motion Picutre-these look the same but there are a few differences. The colour, the light emitter, the handle bottom, the control panel and trigger. Although I can never get it 100% it is better than the original and looks okay.

Si:)

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.