Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a little help - Graupner Rubin  (Read 2586 times)

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Need a little help - Graupner Rubin
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:03:52 am »

G'day Mates
Was lucky enough to pick up a new in the box Graupner Rubin. Hoping once I round up a few items, I may do a build report on the Rubin.
Sadly the kit is missing two items; one is the mast which I am close to a solution on that. But the difficult item so far has been locating a Grauper Drive set, specifically the one that was offered as an option when these yachts were produced years ago.

I have not been able to find one and am hoping one of you fine fellows may have one in good working order that I could purchase to install in my new Rubin.
Here is the information I have on the set:Graupner sailing yacht power set Model: G1175 ( this is the Rubin OEM Drive set.)Product information:Auxiliary motor and drive system for powering sailing yachts such as the RUBIN. Comes with a folding propeller to minimize drag when sailing. The set contains: SPEED 400 6 V electric motor, miniature 1:3 gearbox, shaft with stern-tube, folding propeller, lubricating nipple with tube, spark-suppressor condenser, power leads with 2-pin AMP plug, fixing screws. Weight: 0.25lbs

See the photos below - the unit is for a Rubin RC Yacht like the one shown in the pictures

If you have one in good working order please contact me via the forum or post here. Item will be mailed to me in Temecula, California 92592 USA.
Thank you
Boomer

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Need a little help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:47:46 am »

Post deleted. - Item was still listed as for sale on Hobby People, but in fact is not longer stocked there.

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Need a little help
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 05:34:49 am »

Closing request. Ended up using a Robbe drive set.
Boomer

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Need a little help - Graupner Rubin
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:16:57 am »

Hi Boomer, I have a few sailing craft with motors and I always use a coarse pitch for the prop to give least resistance when sailing.  Or you can have the motor turning very slowly so that it is neutral to the water going past.
regards Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.