Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4 ghz radio / range / failsafe  (Read 12044 times)

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!
Re: 2.4 ghz radio / range / failsafe
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 08:30:21 pm »

Hi Ian

Yes still profess to be a bit of a dim whit on this, thanks mart for the endorsement!!!

Joking apart, I suspect if  a metal rescue boat gets between the signal path of the TX and the model boat it might be a good reason to give the rescue boat a very wide birth!!!!

Or if the metal rescue boat is rescuing near to a buoy, go wide if you can or cut the buoy??

Garry
Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)

ids987

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 10:49:13 pm »

Hi Ian
Joking apart, I suspect if  a metal rescue boat gets between the signal path of the TX and the model boat it might be a good reason to give the rescue boat a very wide birth!!!!

Or if the metal rescue boat is rescuing near to a buoy, go wide if you can or cut the buoy??

Garry

Hi Garry, Yes, another reason to give the rescue boat plenty of room. My thinking was though, with both Tx and Rx antennae quite low - especially if the Rx antenna is low inside the boat, something like the rescue boat could cast a long shadow, so you wouldn't necessarily need to be that close; imagine you were kneeling, so that your eyes were at a similar height to the Tx antenna, and you're trying to look at (or through) a point quite low down on the side of your boat.
As earlier, any solid objects will attenuate a 2.4G signal significantly, and with the other effects mentioned earlier, the signal level will be all over the place as you're going round the course, so I got to wondering what would cause a big enough black spot to cause failsafeing. I think a model going side by side possibly could too, and the failsafe timeout will vary from one device to another anyway, so it was a bit speculative....

Ian

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 08:16:29 pm »

Hi mark

Your secret weapon should be a Yorkshire puddin!!! That has enough spatial elongation to keep all demon signals at bay!!!
Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.