Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete RC Virgin in need of bait boat advice  (Read 4139 times)

stark735

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Complete RC Virgin in need of bait boat advice
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »

Hello chaps

Where to begin??? Well firstly I'm a complete RC Virgin, so please remember that in any replies 😁
Ok so my story!!
I am about to be gifted a microcat MK1 bait boat made by Angling Techics as a project to rebuild.
I have yet to get the boat into my possession but here is what I know so far, the boat has been laid up for a couple of years after failing to operate, the failure was caused by getting damp after use and not being dried properly before being placed into its carry bag, the hull has been opened by its previous owner and he had sought some advice to which he was told that the wiring had most probably degraded and that would be the most likely cause of failure.

No1 Ok so my questions and help required!!
The boat currently operates on a 40mhz system which I would like to upgrade to 2.4ghz, it also runs off of x4 rule 12v bilge pumps 2 fore and 2 aft which is the operation I would like to keep what I require is someone to give me guidence on the components required and wiring diagrams to fit it all in

No2 the hopper bait dropping facility is controlled buy heat wire that contracts with electrical current I would like to convert these to servos to be more efficient and timely when dropping baits

No3 the boat is fitted with a fulcrum graphical echo sounder which I would obviously like to keep so will need to be considered with any wiring diagrams

I would send the boat back to the manufacturer but they are very over priced and take forever and a day to return the boat over £150 just for a service and I'd also like the satisfaction of having completed the project myself (with you guys assistance).

Once I have the boat in my hands I will take some photos as they always help but for now I'm open to suggestions and advice

Thanks very much in advance guys n gals

Stavros

Re: Complete RC Virgin in need of bait boat advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:33:17 pm »

Message sent

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.