Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 1st 3D printer  (Read 22319 times)

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
Re: My 1st 3D printer
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 11:11:33 pm »

Not to be funny, but you could build almost true prototypical Liberty ships or X-Lighters using this type of printer. Printing the hole for the prop shaft is just the beginning, you could print integral motor mounts and even gear box casings with input and output orifices attached and aligned to the hull!

It is definitly the way ahead.

At a cost!!!!!!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 12:11:44 am »

ok2 ...."Printing the hole"...............goodness last week we were talking about the speed of darkness {-)......now we are going to manufacture a roundish nothing!

Could we combine the two and manufacture a roundish nothing that is also totally devoid of light?

Sorry guys....couldn't resist......Monty Python & the Emperors new clothes   O0........... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 01:32:05 am »

Not to be funny, but you could build almost true prototypical Liberty ships or X-Lighters using this type of printer. Printing the hole for the prop shaft is just the beginning, you could print integral motor mounts and even gear box casings with input and output orifices attached and aligned to the hull!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJsu8K0RkI

Here's a video of my Ultimaker2 printing my microspringer hull. As you said integral motor mount and hole for the stuffing tube (simple 3mm/2.1mm brass tube for a M2 shaft). Fun times indeed !

But on my next version (twin motor), i'll completely remove the motor mount and use rigid couplings.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.