Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: it seemed like a good idea at the time  (Read 1754 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
it seemed like a good idea at the time
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »

Hi all, I was on the web site of my 'less used' email account and it offered me the oportunity to link my usual account so that I would not miss any emails.  It was about 4 o/clock in the morning, getting over remnants of flu, so not fully compus mentus.

Over the next 3 days it downloaded over 11,000 emails, going back 5 years.  I deleted the addition last night and all OK this morning.  I checked some of the emails and as if to rub it in there was no content!
regards Roy

Mad Scientist

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: it seemed like a good idea at the time
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:25 pm »

It probably wasn't anything malicious; just an unexpected result from revisiting an old programme. :o
Something similar happened to me a few years ago when I was setting up my then-new computer. The only 'permanent' fix is to adjust your settings so that the e-mails you delete on your desktop also get deleted from the server. Of course, that means you can accidentally delete things that you wanted to keep... >>:-(

Yes, been there, done that >:-o

Tom

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

Funny that this should come up right now.   :o
I have a new tablet machine and just signed up for Emails.  I would have thought it would only keep me informed of the latest, but NO.

It's just downloaded every email I've ever received.  hey Ho.  It's getting difficult to keep up with modern technology.    >>:-(  >>:-(  >>:-(

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:01:29 pm »

My tablet does that - it turns out that when I "deleted" emails on the PC they stayed on the server, and so the tablet, not knowing any better, reads them. I've now changed the settings on the PC to delete deleted emails after 14 days, and i think it's done the trick. Jolly tricky this IT.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »

mmmmmmmmmmmmm today we have the Australian 12 hour international world class super car race from Bathurst....[equivalent to 1/2 a Le Mans]

So not to miss the racing ...took my ultrabook upstairs....[to read & post on MBM & watch the race %)]

Turn on OK....then the ultrabook downloaded 246 previously read e-mails  >>:-( .......

PS....the Bently C3 look to have a front shape of a blunt flattened brick compared to the aero of the Audi's, Nissan's & Lambo's.... but all a little too fast for me @ 280+/kmh down Con Rod straight. :embarrassed:...... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.