Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool MBShow  (Read 5599 times)

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Blackpool MBShow
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:47 am »

Hi guys, has the venue for the 2015 Blackpool boat show been finalised?
If it has already been posted I haven't spotted it yet.

John

slinger

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Blackpool MBShow
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:18:40 am »

Had information and competition entry forms for the Blackpool show given to me yesterday?  The new venue is Blackpool sports centre also known as Stanley Park and the dates are 17th & 18th October.
Graham

john44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:32 am »

Thanks Graham, what is the price for admission do you know?

John

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:08:44 pm »

Just had a look on google maps is that all the parking space infront of the building.
Regards
Skimmer Fan

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »

I can assure you there is PLENTY of parking there please DONT start rumours and knocking the show venue without actually visiting it  <*< <*< <*< <*< :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: .

The reason we have NO intention of advertising the show on here is simple really this is due to the Moronic attitude of some of the members that belong to this forum,who seem to be hell bent on rubbishing the Blackpool show...If you need any info on the show then simply look in hte Modle Boat mags or contact either Mark at A Model World 01606891999...or PM Me and either myself or Mark will endevour to help you .

Details as soon as available will be on the A Model World web site in the show section.

Dave

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »

Thank you for the information.
Regards
Skimmer Fan

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

Here we go again - mention the Blackpool Show and the persecution complexes start.

I think skimmer was asking a question not criticising.  Last time this conversation was locked down by mods - if it was read properly without the chips on shoulders - the main gist of that thread was not get rid, but was in fact suggestions to make it bigger and better. People want a great show, there was just some disappointment - it was not a criticism of the organisers, their efforts are well appreciated. Take it in the spirit or move to North Korea.

I await my reprimand and locked thread.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:23 pm »

why do we call this a  Forum I wonder when all we can do is say when something is good we have gone to war many times for free speech.
                      Regards Howard.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »

why do we call this a  Forum I wonder when all we can do is say when something is good we have gone to war many times for free speech.
                      Regards Howard.

Because, all too often people use 'free speech' to pursue their own agenda. Constructive criticism should be accepted but things tend to degenerate into opinions rather than facts which puts the website management in a difficult position. Who'd be a Moderator these days? You are just on a hiding to nothing.

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »

Well said sir!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

john44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 07:13:25 pm »

I wish I had never asked the question.

John

slinger

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 07:26:43 pm »

Sorry John but in reply to your question, the paperwork does not give the cost of  the entrance fee but  reading the info pack it seems the same system as previous years for a number of free/discounted tickets for those clubs who are supporting/putting on a club stand. 
The Bury club will be putting on a stand and most of our members who attend each year enjoy the informality, the meeting of old and new friends along with the banter(not forgetting the fish and chips) :-))
graham

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:41 pm »

To be honest I do not think anyone in this thread has said it is not , and a bit of over reaction I am sorry to say.

Perhaps better answered.

"Hi Skimmer Fan , yes google does not do the venue justice and there is plenty of parking in area a,b, c or on that lines.... and that would have been that.
######

It is always tough when you have to change venues so all the best.

Larry

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »

I can assure you there is PLENTY of parking there please DONT start rumours and knocking the show venue without actually visiting it  <*< <*< <*< <*< :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: .

The reason we have NO intention of advertising the show on here is simple really this is due to the Moronic attitude of some of the members that belong to this forum,who seem to be hell bent on rubbishing the Blackpool show...If you need any info on the show then simply look in hte Modle Boat mags or contact either Mark at A Model World 01606891999...or PM Me and either myself or Mark will endevour to help you .

Details as soon as available will be on the A Model World web site in the show section.

Dave
dave surely everyone is entitled to there own opinion of the show weather they like it or not !
lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:30:50 am »

I go to the show every years if possible and enjoy it, seeing and meeting  both traders and modellers.  Organising such a show is very hard  and time consuming work, something not appreciated by some visitors.  I hope that they have a very successful show in their new venue, I look forward to visiting the show. 

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 10:00:38 pm »

Hi Guys

It's a bit surprising (on a forum about model boats) to be told to read  the magazines for a model boat events details; I thought I was having a specsaver's moment  :o

I hope to attend Blackpool again this year and I really look forward to meeting some familiar faces. Especially Neil.

Dave

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 10:06:05 pm »

It's a bit surprising (on a forum about model boats) to be told to read  the magazines for a model boat events details; I thought I was having a specsaver's moment

Well, first of all the magazines have room for more details and secondly, although Forums are quite popular, they only attract a very small number of people compared to those who read the magazines! Strange but true!

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.