Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCS (Landing Craft Support)  (Read 2570 times)

GG

• Full Mayhemer
LCS (Landing Craft Support)
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:06:56 pm »

After sitting under the workbench for over a year, finally got a toy "space gun" into a model.  The gun was bought because it had recoil, sound and light effects which looked perfect for a working model.  Well, perfect save for the size, rather big even after the handle, trigger and a rather weird rotating light effect on one end had been cut away.
Something compatible with my other similar models in 1/32-1/35 scale was the plan and eventually an LCS looked ideal.  They were landing craft modified to give close gunfire support when making an assault on enemy held beaches.  The model had to be shortened to produce a convenient size (32 inches long, 10 lb weight) so the gun is still overlarge but it hopefully still looks like a LCS vessel.
Construction is from pine planks, plywood and cardboard and uses a single 540 motor and 6 volt battery.  Top speed is way too fast, but handy for keeping out of harms way, so most of the time it cruises around on part throttle.
The toy gun can be trained from side to side and fired under RC.  Good fun to cruise along the bank side and shoot at anything that annoys you!
Plans now with the Editor of Model Boats.
Glynn Guest

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: LCS (Landing Craft Support)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »

Crikey, that would terrify the enemy! Watch out Ducks, that ship could do you harm:O)

I recall you writing about toy guns in one of your Mooring post submissions last year and wondered if there was an ulterior motive behind your research on the subject.

Pond weed is your enemy

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »

I like the idea, the LCT gun versions were interesting variations , surprised no one has built one yet, if they have lets see a pic off it. Believed Revell did a model many years ago of a multiple rocket launcher version.

GG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:57:04 am »

Ballastankisian,
                    Yes, I often see something that looks interesting (in other words it might have a possible use in a model!) and try to buy them.  I know that if I do not purchase them there and then, I'm likely to figure out a good use for the item later and find that they are no longer available.  Cheap toys are a perfect example as they seem to be on sale for a limited time, especially around Christmas.
Another and admittedly minor joy of having grandchildren!
Glynn Guest

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »

Well let us hope they become avid model boaters!
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.