Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modellers- You can't beat them for aid and assistance!  (Read 1395 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Modellers- You can't beat them for aid and assistance!
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:30:23 pm »

During the planning for my current build I had decided to have quite a number of the functions 'computer' controlled. My son helped out by buying me an Arduino mini 'puter for xmas. However to use it you need to be able to write code, the first photo is the Arduino.

So I was on another forum asking where to begin with writing a program when one of the guys asked me to explain exactly what I was attempting to do. He then explained what I actually needed was not an Arduino (although it will do my functions) what I needed was a Picaxe.

He not only supplied me with a picaxe free of charge but also wrote and loaded the code on to the chip for me, then went out of his way to post it airmail to Spain!

What amazes me about the Picaxe is its size, the little black square under the 3 of the rule, the rest of the board is to carry the hookups for the servo's/stepper motors.

So what does this do for me? Well you have on your transmitter a plain on/off switch usually for wheels up/down on planes. Flicking the switch (I've changed it to momentary) sends a pulse, the board responds by operating a servo/stepper motor. Flick it again and it leaves the first servo activated but operates a second servo, flick it again and the first two stay active and it moves a third one. In total this particlular board can do 4 servo's or stepper motors. After the fourth activation they are all extended, flick the switch a fith time and they all return to start position.

I don't think he is a member here but Dave if you are you are definately a star!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.