Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right Gents, Switching......I'm stuck!!  (Read 4256 times)

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
Right Gents, Switching......I'm stuck!!
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:54 pm »

hi all,
  Looking ahead in my build I would like to make the LEDs and monitor pump switchable from the transmitter.This presents me with two problems: first I have no idea how to setup a spektrum dx6i  :embarrassed:  although I'm sure I can find a vid on you tube....

Secondly i do not know where to start when it comes to switching circuit boards. Help!!! {:-{

Thank you!

Pete
Now where did I put that?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Right gents......I'm stuck!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »

Acton /component shop sell the switch board unit. Single channel up to 4 channel . They are easy to set up. and work every time.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »

Hi Pete, the next time you are down the lake I will explain how the switchers operate to work
Lights etc. but for a monitor/pump, you will need to switch through a servo micro switch assy.
Or use Action heavy duty switcher.As I say remind me next time you're down the lake.

John

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:48:17 pm »

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:23:44 am »

Yes, that's the one. Or you could use a small forwards only speed control, most pumps
Will only run in one direction so reverse is not needed.

John

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 09:53:25 am »

Something like this? http://www.componentshop.co.uk/p91-hi-load-twin-switcher.html

Would that be able to work on a 3 position switch? So;

Position 1: all off
Position 2: circuit 1 on
Position 3: circuit 1+2 on

And I'd like another which would do;
Position 1: circuit 1
Position 2: all off
Position 3: circuit 2

Could a P91 do both, one, or neither of the above?

inertia

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:25 am »

It will do both, depending on how you set the little DIL switches. In one position the circuit will only remain live while the Tx switch is on i.e. it goes off when you move the Tx switch back to centre (this is called non-latching). In the other position the circuit remains live when you move the Tx switch back to the centre. To switch the circuit off you need to move the Tx switch back to On then Off again (latching). On P91 there are two separate output circuits.
So your first scenario would be to set both DIL switches to latching, and the second one set both to non-latching. In the first scenario you would need to switch off both circuits subsequently by "revisiting " them with the Tx switch. This should help:

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »

It will do both, depending on how you set the little DIL switches. In one position the circuit will only remain live while the Tx switch is on i.e. it goes off when you move the Tx switch back to centre (this is called non-latching). In the other position the circuit remains live when you move the Tx switch back to the centre. To switch the circuit off you need to move the Tx switch back to On then Off again (latching). On P91 there are two separate output circuits.
So your first scenario would be to set both DIL switches to latching, and the second one set both to non-latching. In the first scenario you would need to switch off both circuits subsequently by "revisiting " them with the Tx switch. This should help:

Had a bit of a look, it seems you can change the start points of each switch using pots, so you can have one that goes on from 50-100% and the other from (circa)90-100% to get the required effect for the first setup. A quick look around their website reveals a P62 quad switcher which would do nicely for the other setup and give me more options.

Thanks folks!

Peter_s

• Full Mayhemer
  • uh oh here we go
Re: Right Gents, Switching......I'm stuck!!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 10:04:41 pm »

Had a bit of a look, it seems you can change the start points of each switch using pots, so you can have one that goes on from 50-100% and the other from (circa)90-100% to get the required effect for the first setup. A quick look around their website reveals a P62 quad switcher which would do nicely for the other setup and give me more options.

Thanks folks!

I'm still trying to get my head around it! Think a visit to john is required!!

Time Bandit

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Right Gents, Switching......I'm stuck!!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 05:41:53 pm »

I designed a 4 channel switch (each channel mit "memory" or "latching" function) with an small mikrocontroller (attiny 45).
The circuit diagramm is so easy, that you can build it on a grid-style PCB.
Should deliver 10A-15A probabaly also 20A if you cool the FET.

If you are able to programm the Attiny I could send you the circuit diagramm/layout and the hex-file to programm the controller.

I also made a 2 channel switch with same FET, which has the same functionality but can be adjusted from "latching" to "non-latching" with 1 jumper each.
regards

Tobias
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.