Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only in Spain!  (Read 4707 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Only in Spain!
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:00 pm »

We had to go see our solicitor this morning so took a stroll around the harbour in Torrevieja. I just had to take a photo of this, a 3 master moored next to a submarine! The old world meets the new.......

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Only in Spain!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:31 pm »

Been there a few times, we lived just up the road in Rojales. Nothing about the Spanish would surprise me! nice harbour though but what a place to try to park.
      Hasta luego,
        Cheers,
               Peter. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Xtian29

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »

Hello

The retired old ship is not the one we think as the sailing one is still alive, not the sub

The sub is not so new ... she an old decommissioned one afloat for museum purpose.  She's the former S61  the one Delfin

Xtian

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:16:24 pm »

Been there a few times, we lived just up the road in Rojales. Nothing about the Spanish would surprise me! nice harbour though but what a place to try to park.
      Hasta luego,
        Cheers,

We live well inland Peter, its just that when we bought here this is the legal office that was recommended. We've clocked up 151kilometres there and back. Then as you say its a nightmare not only to park (harbourside 2€ and hour) but driving through those streets as well. Give me the countryside where its much more laid back and the worse you come across are the trucks carrying marble or the tractors :embarrassed:

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »

Yes that's why we bought in Rojales, quite near to Quesada if you want noise and Tourists. Being a motorbike (Moto) person all my life I wandered into Rojales town near the rio Segura and spotted a classic Spanish bike a Bultaco outside a bar close to the main road bridge, at this time we had been in Spain about a month so the lingo was like Chinese to me. I went into the bar saw the guy's crash helmet on the table and went over to introduce myself and relate my interest in motorbikes, well what can I say I had a photo of me racing on my phone and showed it to the guys around the table next thing you know I have been adopted by the family only no one understood what was being said! Hand signals are great. After approx. 4/5 pints of San Miguel I toddled off back home promising to return the following week (although I, to this day, do not know how I did this), I duly did and after quite a while (months) eventually managed to speak to the guys taking some of my racing photos to show them. I would say that most of these guys were at least 60/70 and were so friendly I was humbled. They were the real Spanish people not the Bankers and Lawyers who will smile in your face whilst telling blatant lies. What a shame! Lets hope that the people of UK, especially the youngsters, get off their bums on May the seventh and remove Cameron & co who, lets face it, if you put three shovels against a wall and told them to take their pick they would not have a clue! Maybe if it was silver spoons it would be different.
       Enjoy the sun,
            Regards,

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 08:45:55 pm »

Hey guys, just found about about the law change......Now my EU, UK issued driving licence has to be changed to a Spanish issued EU licence. I have handed my old licence over to a Gestoria, together with 75 Euros to get a new one....... I also had to get a certificate from the Town Hall, to prove that I live where I have lived for  the last 16 years!!! Spanish bureaucracy really is a pain, but then at least the sun does shine... %%

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:55 pm »

Footski you only have to change to Spanish licence if you are resident and also if there are more than 10 years remaining on the licence. As UK licences are only issued for 10 years before you have to renew them anyway this can't affect us! We are still non resident making sure we return to the UK enough times during the year to make it legal. I can't believe a Gestor has charged you 75€ to do the job for you, that's robbery, ask him for a receipt so you can claim it against your tax, that'll make him turn pale {-)

Don't forget you also need a signed medical certificate to prove you are capable of driving.

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:32:12 am »

Brian,
This is where Spanish law becomes dangerous. It actually states that if you have a licence that was originally issued for ten years, not ten years left on it. It also talks about having the new card licence. As a long term Spanish resident I have to change mine. I do not need a medical certificate to change it, but will in five years to renew it.
As for the cost, 75 Euros is cheap! One near my home wanted 125......anyway at least now I am fully legal......well I will be when the new licence arrives. Unfortunately I will not get my temporary authority to drive for ten days!! You have to love the Spaniards.. %%

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 08:15:23 am »

Spanish beaurocracy you have to love it Footski. Thats why we went to our solicitor. We are having to re-register our land-not the house! Our townhall updated their computer system and lost the details- its not their problem to replace the data, we have to do it!

Of course the Spanish who don't bother with registry at all just don't bother, but us expats who will want to sell up someday have to jump through hoops to stay within the law. This re-registration has so far cost us 550€ to have an architect draw up plans of the land with the location of the house. All of this is available on the castastral but the town hall say we have to do it ourselves via the solicitors office!

If you look at the catastral for our village virtually all the registered properties with the exception of the church and bar are expats from europe. Most of the village houses just aren't there, blank spaces on a map. As I said the spanish don't bother, they just hand the property from generation to generation without paying the taxes %%

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 10:24:26 am »

Very true Brian. It is the same down here in Malaga. At least I don't have to fill in an annual tax return as I have a Govt pension from UK, so have to pay tax there......This really does upset the Beaurocrats, much to my amusement.... {-)

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 06:47:05 pm »

Hi guy's that's one of the reasons we came home! Spain EU member in words only they do what ever they feel like at the moment in time. If you are not Spanish do not even think about challenging them in the courts all you will do is give yourself a larger Bill!.

Cheers.
                    Peter.

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

Woah, now that is seriously politics!!! >>:-( >>:-(

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 07:35:40 pm »

It's only Britain that abides by the rules.
The other members do exactly as they like.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:13 pm »

Political issues are not allowed on the Forum

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Mad Scientist

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 09:42:52 pm »

Bureaucratic mix-ups can happen anywhere, anytime!
Back in the 1960's, the City of Dartmouth claimed that my grandmother had failed to pay her property tax for several years. So, she put down her teacup and took her receipts to City Hall. Then she want back home and resumed drinking tea.
(BTW, wonder where my vehicle registration tags went? Must call Service NS on Monday and find out...)

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.