Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tempus fugit  (Read 3088 times)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Tempus fugit
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:21 pm »

As Mrs Tobyker is 400 miles away pending the arrival of the next grandchild I am fending for myself and the cats. I thought 40 minutes would be a long wait for my dinner while it cooked in the oven, but no sooner had I put it in and turned to the torpedo net spars on the current project than the pinger went and it was done. Truly, time does fly when you're having fun!

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
Re: Tempus fugit
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:11 pm »

My tempus fugitted years ago...never did manage to keep up with it.

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:50 am »

Gaudeamus igitur!
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:55:17 am »

Gaudeamus igitur!

Yes indeed, Jonty, otherwise, nos habebit humus :((

Peter.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:40:12 pm »

Oh yes.

Most of our living is done in Spain, but to remain withing the laws of both Spain and the UK we have to return every couple of weeks. We have to go back on the 12th of March :((

In the meantime according to my younger brother, my dad has had a T.I.A (trans ischaemic attack) a minor stroke. My brother told me about this 3 weeks after the old man had been discharged from hospital!!

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 04:51:59 pm »

I had a Tia  ten years ago  Bit frightening at the time
Did what I was told and no proplems since.
Stopped smoking same day.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 11:53:13 am »

I had a minor stroke last year, it left me with a left Hand that didn't function and my being unable to speak or understand German and my English language I sounded like I was drunk.  My son called my GP who warned our Hospital I was coming, my son drove me, very quickly, and 30 minutes later I had been scanned and was in the Intensive Obeservation Ward, there I stayed for 3 days, with lots of cables and machines. My speech slowly returned, and I regained the use of my Hand. Scary?? You can say that in Spades! I need medication and regular, (3 weekly) checks. No recurrance, but I am so careful now.Also thank goodness for the German Health System,  The Motto for a Stroke Victim is FAST, Face,Arms, Speech, Time. I got that here, Unrivalled Service, not cheap,14% of our Gross Income but you get what you pay for. My wife had a fall a while ago, banged her head and was unconcious for a few seconds. Called the Ambulance and within 10 minutes the Emergency Doctor was there, closely followed by the Ambulance.  Quick Diagnose and off she went with Blues and Twos,, within an hour X rays and tucked up in bed. Match that.

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »

'er that was indoors had seven strokes, multiple TIA's and a minor heart attack over the period of our marriage. The first stroke left her completely paralysed in her right side, unable to speak or see...over the next few months her sight returned, and we managed to teach her to talk again, but each successive stroke took away all the work we had done.

I haven't seen her for years now, as far as I know she went off to Australia, so I don't know how she's doing now.

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:11:25 pm »

I had a minor stroke last year, it left me with a left Hand that didn't function and my being unable to speak or understand German and my English language I sounded like I was drunk.  My son called my GP who warned our Hospital I was coming, my son drove me, very quickly, and 30 minutes later I had been scanned and was in the Intensive Obeservation Ward, there I stayed for 3 days, with lots of cables and machines. My speech slowly returned, and I regained the use of my Hand. Scary?? You can say that in Spades! I need medication and regular, (3 weekly) checks. No recurrance, but I am so careful now.Also thank goodness for the German Health System,  The Motto for a Stroke Victim is FAST, Face,Arms, Speech, Time. I got that here, Unrivalled Service, not cheap,14% of our Gross Income but you get what you pay for. My wife had a fall a while ago, banged her head and was unconcious for a few seconds. Called the Ambulance and within 10 minutes the Emergency Doctor was there, closely followed by the Ambulance.  Quick Diagnose and off she went with Blues and Twos,, within an hour X rays and tucked up in bed. Match that.

With a stroke (or any serious occurance) you get that sort of care and treatment with the UK NHS. Which on the whole is pretty damn good, you never hear about the good parts, only when it falls down! For a free service it is only matched by the likes of Germany where you pay, in Holland they take 20% gross of your salary toward social care. Here in Spain health care is virtually non existent unless you can stump up the cash or have medical insurance, most care is privately operated. In the few hospitals that are state run the care is poor, patients rely on relatives to feed them, take them to the toilet etc, nurses are there for medical care alone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.