Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: parental advice needed  (Read 1665 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
parental advice needed
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:01:45 am »

a so  called "friend" came to me the other day about his petulant offspring.

they always seem to be causing problems with his friends and neighbours.
you know the things....think they know everything at that age, have their own opinions, always putting their foot in it, etc......
and he wanted my opinion...........how often should he stick up for them and how many more times should he support the kid before he looses grace and favour with his mates,...........basically asked me should he stop giving them support and if they offend his mates again.........should he tell them to stand on their own two feet and count the consequences of their actions.

I couldn't answer him as my kids have never got nto such scrapes and when they have upset me or their mum, they have always apologised for their actions......

so guys and galls.........what would your answer to him be?..........i'll then pass on what consensus you all come up with..........he really is in a dilemma.

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Re: parental advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

Him Niel, what age group are we looking at early,mid,late teens, or other?

John

inertia

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:10:16 pm »

This is one of those subjects on which everyone has an opinion but no-one as far as I can see has ever come up with The Answer.
A problem shared is usually just a pain in the backside for more than one person and I have no sympathy for anyone who can't chose between his children's upbringing and his personal image with his mates. Tell him to write to Graham Norton on the radio, then he can annoy far more people with his spinelessness. What we do here is talk model boats.
DM

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:30 pm »

Sir Neil....I think John44 has asked a valid point here as no two hundred sets of answers will be the same

I did however have the pleasure of raising three teenage daughters as a single dad..[ages were 11, 13 & 15 all those years ago]

Eldest just turned 40.......seven grandchildren [& still counting]  :-))......wouldn't have swapped it for the world

Derek  ok2
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.