Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Robbed  (Read 9948 times)

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Car Robbed
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 09:51:38 am »

Because we learn from other countries it is not theft, but "illegal use of a motor vehicle" otherwise how else can they protect their sons from going to Gaol. XXXX AKA expletive

Now that is interesting, but it seems to diminish the severity of the crime! :police: :police:

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:39 am »

As we are a cosmopolitan world wide group by membership...we must be reminded that the  :police: make different rules..........%)

1. Under Scottish law, the act termed as burglary does not exist, instead theft by housebreaking covers theft

2. In the Unites States of America......burglary is prosecuted as a felony or misdemeanor and involves trespassing and theft, entering a building or automobile

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 09:36:46 pm »

Now that is interesting, but it seems to diminish the severity of the crime! :police: :police:
It certainly does, always resulting in a slap on the wrist.
Our legalists argue there was no, nor can you prove, intent was to steal, because they were joyriding and would abandon the vehicle at the end of their fun. Sometimes smashed up, damaged or even burnt.

Whilst we are slavishly following the USA in some areas, we should follow them in Vehicular Offences, such as car chases. Queensland police are not allowed to chase cars because someone my get hurt, yes the poor sod being chased might be injured.
In a very recent chase armed bandits who damaged innocent drivers by crashing into them fled across the border to New South Wales. Fortunately the NSW Cops were alerted and gave chase forcing  them into deployed road spikes which blew their tyres.
All over red Rover and handed them over to Queensland cops.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 05:30:48 am »

Our legalists argue there was no, nor can you prove, intent was to steal, because they were joyriding and would abandon the vehicle at the end of their fun.

In England and Wales the crime would Taking Without Owners Consent (TWOC). In Scotland there is Taking and Driving Away (TADA/TDA). The word' taking' gets around issues of whether or not the intention was to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle., this also covers the 'I only borrowed the car' argument.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 08:59:19 am »

The guy at the carwash would probably say he was 'valeting' the inside and 'tidying the stowages' as a free extra to the wash
 %) %) %) %) %)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »

Derek

There is no longer a distinction in English law between a felony and a misdemeanour. When there was a lawyer friend defined it thus: "Whilst making water in public is a misdemeanour, making whisky in private is a felony".
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 02:39:06 pm »

Hi all by only going off topic by one letter substitute the O for a U, (Car rubbed) this happenened yesterday while refuelling in Sainsburys.

I was holding the hose when a car gently backed into mine at the front. 
I went to see what was happening and spoke to driver.  " You just hit my car"!  He got out, he was quite elderly, he said  "I thought it was the kerb"

We had a look.  I could not see any marks on my bumper so I said "Are there any marks on your car"?  "yes lots" he said.  ""I am always bumping into things, I knocked down my son in laws brick wall the other day".

"That is not good news to my ears" I said".

He had a sad resigned look on his face, I later saw him shopping in charge of a trolley looking rather lost.
regards Roy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 01:27:02 am »

I hope you staid well clear of him in the aisles of the supermarket %)
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.