Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie - IC to Brushless?  (Read 1475 times)

macot

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie - IC to Brushless?
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:20:37 pm »

Hi All,

New to forums so be gentle with me  ok2

Currently coming out of model retirement and dusting the cobwebs off of a couple of IC driven Miami 63' Crash boats (ASRL). 1:24 scale approx
I have lost my plans and awaiting new set from Model Dockyard, but i digress. Will post photographs soon, but current state of them both isn't too good.

They are/were both driven by Enya .19 engines and would ideally like to convert one of them to electric.
As i am just getting back into it all, it seems a mine field of info out there now with brushed or brushless, outrunner or inrunners etc

What motor would be a good candidate for replacing the IC one, and would i still need to have some form of water cooling?
Would ideally like to run at low speeds sometimes, but then impress when at full throttle

I have googled a lot of info, but nothing beats first hand knowledge and the hope that somebody out there has already made a similar conversion  :-))

On a totally seperate not - Does nobody make Oval, flat Oval portholes anymore ? i have searched everywhere, but looks like it will be make my own....

regards
Martyn

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Newbie - IC to Brushless?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:45:33 pm »

Hi Martyn, Martin here!    (... separated by a y or i )

Welcome to the Mayhem!

( as it's first Monday after an ellipse, new members only need to buy the first round of drinks at lunchtime! )

Re Brushless Motors:  have you seen this Topic?   Brushless Motor Basics!

Brushless motors are great but due to battery capacity constraints, you get much shorter run times BUT much more reliability!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

macot

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Newbie - IC to Brushless?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »

Thanks Martin, will take a look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.