Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 Metre restoration  (Read 9541 times)

Just Add Water

Re: 6 Metre restoration
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »

You will need a lot of like minded guys to contact  the
Council members that they have voted in.
Money is in short supply so the offer to help in
refurbishment will go a long way.
Get the local press involved and radio/tv.
Drag out old photos from the archives with guys
sailing yachts on the lake.
These always look good as the collar, tie, sports jacket
was de rigueur in those days .
Research funding that is available sometimes but not
always advertised.
Keep pushing.

Best of luck
Ned

Hi Ned,
Thanks for that support, I know a Councillor in Totton, not to far away, that may be of help, I will push it, I have contacted the Southampton Council this evening to get in touch with me over this.
I really feel this is something we all need to work with, I have some photos of the lake in the early years, and it was very popular then.
This is my happy years on the lake I am 61 now and really feel that it may work with help.

Bernie.

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 10:23:42 pm »

WoW, don't put your boat anywhere near that "water" it will get scratched...... If Lord really did walk on water he probably did it at your pond....... without difficulty :}.   I really hope you manage to get something sorted its a sad state of affairs when it gets to that stage. Even here in france in my village there is a local beauty spot with a tiny pond (not really big enough for boating) and the pond is starting to get overgrown with weeds and the green small plants that cover the surface, I think I might see about getting something done about that {-) best of luck.    a website to try (possibly,) is "change.org" groups of people get together online and file petitions, some very successfully..... U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

Nellybob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Great resource!
    • Pond yacht restoration.
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

It is a sad fact that a lot of councils are handing over lakes and ponds to "Community Trusts" that want to turn them over to nature ponds. I'm not against nature, I have a nature pond in my garden but this is just an excuse to save money. Tayport pond, where grace was sailed in the 30's and 40's is now a nature pond, full of weeds and frogs. :((
A solution will present itself.

Just Add Water

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »

I think we need to, ALL OF US! get onto the councils and let them know, that we need recreation for all, and not just play areas, marked out so the little ones don't get hurt, and let them learn about all the great things that a hobby has to offer, in the way of getting together and having a very nice time and a great day out at week ends.
We have 2 very good boating lakes in Southampton, not used !! and it makes me feel Angry that there have been many things dreamed up by the council costing Hundreds of Thousands to implement, like a monorail, laser lights from the Civic Center tower that never happend.
So why not an already used for years lake for our hobby and interest.

My Guess is PROFIT FOR THE SHARE HOLDERS.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.