Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem at Wicksteed - 2016  (Read 225168 times)

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Mayhem at Wicksteed - 2016
« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »

Well now that was a really fun weekend! It was good to meet some of my fellow Mayhemists, especially  Klunk, who looked very dapper in his three piece-onepiece Wunzie. I caught a bit of the sun on Saturday it was so balmy. I am very glad to hear that I didn't take the weather away with me this morning as it was a lovely drive home to Somerset with absolutley no hold ups anywhere. Even the Oxford area of the A34 was clear and quite fast moving.

I think that Ruth and Gina did sterling work keeping us folk in tea and biccies :-)) I am very impressed with the lake and the club what with your sizable number of younger members and friendly outlook. Keep up the good work and I hope to see you all next year!

Pond weed is your enemy

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2016, 07:38:47 pm »

I would like to say a big thank you to Ron Dean . he has supported this show year in year out . He is the only trader I know who has done it from the being .

John

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2016, 07:55:19 pm »

I think we cleared him out of monitors! I know both of his M33s went and possibly both his M15s as well:O)

Do you think the Park railway would lend the club their train for the night so Ron could sleep in a carriage next to his stand next year?
Pond weed is your enemy

jviewing

• Shipmate
« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2016, 08:09:11 pm »

Huge thank you to Martin, lovely show, you must of charmed the rain gods this year.  Attached are the three photos I got before my phone went flat!
Thanks to Ron for the M33 something else to build.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #504 on: May 29, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »

Right I'm home.
First off a big thank you to Wicksteed MBC for hosting the event and for their constant commitment to this event every year. I try to speak to as many as possible! !
Thanks to Ron Dean, who always supports this event through hail wind and rain.....and now sunshine.
To Martin Ruth and Gina for all the tea coffee and bacon rolls.....plus the ever present smiles on their faces.
To the Scottish Contingent. .....always been and always will be a pleasure to be in your company.
To all who attend........the event is for you, without you it would not be worth it.
A special thanks to Bob K. I know your were upset about 2 shows on the same weekend, but always a pleasure to see you.
To Steph and Phil. ..... no matter what time you turn up, help is always available
To all who camped.........what happens at Wicksteed stays at Wicksteed. .......including the worst burgler in the world!
To Nick and Rob, for letting me rope them into the zip line.

And finally, I hope I made a few people laugh with the tuxedo onesie, and a big shout to  Nick, that's for the helmet and goggles to make me look like a real Klunk.

To the glass bottle from Scotland, I salute you.
To Nick's ribena, yum
To the bbq evening crowd,  I hope you enjoyed everything, and next year we will a speciality to cook on there.

Good speed to those who have yet to leave or are still travelling.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #505 on: May 29, 2016, 09:15:04 pm »

Many thanks to everyone, good friends and warm camaraderie.  Nothing 'vertical' meteorologically, in fact it turned out warm and sunny.  Always a pleasure to drool over model making expertise that I can hope one day to acquire - but this is how you learn, by chatting with those who have solved the problems and come up trumps.

Cheers  Bob K
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #506 on: May 29, 2016, 09:46:15 pm »

Huge thanks to Martin, Ruth for the amazing coffee upon arrival and the Wicksteed team YET again for the awesome weekend even if i only tagged along today. Big ball of light showed no signed of letting up and the wind kept its calm, could this be the start of things to come for future events if so i will get my Bermuda shorts out to match Martin's shirt  :o
Slight technical issues with the Mersey on the lake today but now I'm home and investigated it could of been dealt with lakeside. %)
Many thanks to the Scottish Contingent for the rescue of my stand foam well executed maneuver's indeed :-))
I shall await the slightly embarrassing pictures of both myself and Shipmate60 (Bob) taking the 'River Monster' for a walk {-) {-)
Nice to see Stavros and the mini wombles, Phil and apprentice, Klunk, Bob K and the few others i got to chat with today was a great afternoon, I will be back again next year indeed.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #507 on: May 29, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »

May I add my thanks and that of the Peterborough club for a lovely weekend especially the weather. I understand Martin now has to throw himself into a volcano as his part of the deal.  %%

Just one point, could someone toilet train the geese for next year please. SWMBO was not pleased when I walked in on Saturday evening all over a nice clean carpet. I still have the scars.  <:(

A good time all round, thanks again to all those who had a hand in pulling it all together. See you all next year.
Don't Assume Check

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2016, 10:09:11 pm »

Just again reiterate Klunk' and Stavros' sentiments;

Huge thanks to the Wicksteed club, who's continuing support and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.    :-))
Special mentions in dispatches: Nick, Steve & Nigel.
( Thanks for stopping by Paul, good to see you. )
Steff and Phil for, a, financial support, b, technical support, c, furthest distance traveled, d, the invaluable Tea Urn!
Mrs & Little Miss Mayhem.
Ronaldo Dean, & by inference Dorne!
Carl & 'Flojo"' (Linkspan Models)
The Scottish Contingent, with the longest journey to Wicksteed.... and home again.
( what happens at Wicksteed stays at Wicksteed! )   O0
The other camping crew..... bunch of nutters!
The clubs that came and set up station.
Japanese Tony, with whole fleet of foreign battle wagons.
The wives that came and put up with their husband and the rest of us!
Bob K. triumphant in the face of success.... but he did have mesmerizing  'Iggle Piggle' in the Night Garden boat!
JayDee and his beautiful J-class.
Bob, Jay and..... for coming all the way up from the South coast.
Everyone else I'm too tired to remember and thank...

... and to ALL the model boats, wives, family, friends and public visitors:
“I like to thank you for watching me and my little show here tonight.
 If you've enjoyed it then it's all been worthwhile.
 So until we meet again, goodnight, and I love you all!    ”

Oh and Klunk was there too!   :P     :-))

( ..... from inside the volcano !  )

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #509 on: May 29, 2016, 10:16:15 pm »

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!  %% %% %%

So many to thank - not enough room!!! EVERYONE!!! All who were there and either A) made it happen or B) made the weekend what it was by just being there and enjoying themselves.

Our first time - but by no means the last (sorry Klunk - you don't get rid of us that easy!!) - what friendliness, what camaraderie.....

Folks - if you haven't been.........you REALLY ARE missing out.. O0

Now to recover......................................

Carl n Flo  :-))   :kiss:

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2016, 11:25:24 pm »

Anne and I had a really great day - and our son John turned up too!  :-)

We would like to add our thanks to Martin, Ruth, Gina, Klunk, Wicksteed MBC and everyone else who helped to make the weekend so enjoyable. It was good to meet up with Phil and Steph - not forgetting Stavros and many other aquaintances, old and new. Once again a host of impressive models on display and in the water.

Roll on next year!

Anne & Mike

mrzippy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2016, 10:35:59 am »

Myself and Mrs Zippy send our thanks and best wishes to everyone involved in organising another lovely weekend.

Mayhem offers something wonderfully unique - something money cannot buy - GREAT ATMOSPHERE !

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2016, 10:48:22 am »

Wonderful event, as always.  Not to be missed.  Below a few of the awesome models and great atmosphere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS:  As an addendum, one of mine that behaved itself this year (  Tee hee   {-) )

HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2016, 10:51:51 am »

Hello,

What a wonderful weekend!!.
Drove all the way home with a big smile on my face.
If the police had seen me,  I would have been breathalised !!.
The weekend gets better every year.

John.  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #514 on: May 30, 2016, 11:06:03 am »

Strangest boat of the weekend!

... until I later  realised it was the top of this boat!    :embarrassed:

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #515 on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:31 am »

The remains of the Mayhem marquee after the bacon rolls...

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #516 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:36 pm »

How's this for  Great photo!

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #517 on: May 30, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »

Well I've just about recovered (Steve has just about too!) with the van unloaded and everything put back in place in the shed and charged the batteries for the next outing.

I would like to thank everyone for a brilliant weekend- I don't think I've had so much fun for a long time.
Once again a massive thanks to Martin, Ruth and Gina for their stirling work keeping the coffee, tea and bacon sandwiches going.
Thanks to the worst burgler in the world- Klunk! Hope you enjoy the proper 'Klunk' outfit! I can't believe you persuaded me and Rob to go on the zip-wire and I've certainly learnt several different ways of cooking chicken over the two years I've camped with the Mayhemers!
Many thanks to Phil and Steph for bringing the all important tea urn and speaker system, and good to see you both in good spirit (both ways if you get what I mean!) and hopefully see you both at Warwick this year.
I would like to particularly thank Ron Dean of Dean's Marine for supporting the show for a tenth year, and to Carl and Flo of Linkspan Models who have joined us for the first time and showing off their first model kit.
Fantastic to meet for the first time Ballastankian, glad you enjoyed the show and hope to see again.
Many thanks to Geoff, Tony H, Japanese Tony, Andy (Geoff's mate), Victorian and Bobk for providing the pre-WW1 and WW1 display of warships that looked spectacular together on the water.
And finally a big thanks to all the clubs, individual exhibitors, and visitors who came this weekend, there are so many to thank and hope to see you all at other show this year and obviously Mayhem at Wicksteed 2017!

Now where is my camera to start downloading pictures... :-))

Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #518 on: May 30, 2016, 05:27:02 pm »

Well said Nick!
 And thanks for everything again.   :-))

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #519 on: May 30, 2016, 05:38:47 pm »

Despite a very irritating radio problem, Jay's River class HMS Mersey (P283) ran well when she was working.
( Now is dry dock to undergo extensive investigation and redecoration refit! )

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

Look at this lovely little lifeboat!

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2016, 05:56:44 pm »

Bob K's DESCARTES French protected cruisers (1897)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »

The sail boys had a great day Sunday, ideal conditions!!

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »

Well what can I say, the sun certainly shone on the righteous (well Mayhemer’s) this weekend. The apprentice and I had a fantastic weekend, as has been said too many names to mention, but our thanks go to our glorious leader Martin, who was beautifully controlled by Ruth and Gina (who Steph and I would like to say a big thank you for all the tea and of course the bacon butties).
We didn’t arrive until very late on the Friday after a horrible journey, but thanks to Klunk and the formation tent erecting team we were enjoying a well-earned drink by 10 50pm, it did go a bit downhill from there though. O0
It was great to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, Terry, thanks for letting me try my hand a sailing (and putting the fear of god into me….it’s not easy is it) Carl….I’ll be in touch (about you know what) and of course Big Bri, Davey and Ron for not only the douvet but the teeth (you had to be there) not to mention the hurty head in the morning. Mr Milbourn who arrived to find me surrounded by wires muttering dark things about electronics, has now advised me to ring him before plugging anything together to save him the time of repairing the ESC (again)  :embarrassed:  Maybe I should stick to steam.
Of course  I must not forget Steamboat Apprentice for putting up with life in a very small tent, who had it not been for the Slo Gin (cheers Nick & Steve) and the brandy (cheers boys from the north) she would have found a hotel. Next year all planned chaps, this very day we have been out a bought a huge tent..
See you all next year if not before
Steamed up all the time

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2016, 06:44:08 pm »

Many thanks to all for a Mayhemday that I'll remember for the simple reason that I didn't sink, ram anything and sailed at roughtly the right speed. I'll obviously have to try harder next year :embarrassed:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.919 seconds with 29 queries.