Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thruster control for Fairmount Alpine  (Read 1917 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Thruster control for Fairmount Alpine
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »

I am  using a F14 Navy with a R118F receiver  please can  some one tell me what the DSC socket is for and am I right that the socket marked 8/B is for the power in

Also using P100 with a P104 ,( Action Fairmount Alpine  drawing No1 ) it reads ,Rx Aux channel (RH stickUp/Down). I have  not used the transmitter yet and the channels have not been set up , I am trying to get all the connections made so I can get my cable runs tidy Will it matter where it is plugged into  . I am using  Multi-Switch-Prop 12+3 Decoder #8370 and a Multi-Switch-Prop Tx Module #8101

The two sticks on the left control motors fwd/stern/independent/contra rotation. The left stick rudder moving side ways this leaves the up/down on the stick free . What would be the set up for the thrusters The stern thruster is into K7 of the decoder and will be controlled by the multi switch as the drawing. This is on a rotary knob 8 what will be the effect of the control ,will this vary the speed if so can I use knob 7 on the bow thruster ,if it is possible to get the thrusters to work independently how would I get the set up to work ,that is bow+stern pushing to port or starboard,  or bow only port/starboard,or stern only port/starboard.
I hope all this is understandable,it's taken all afternoon to try and put it in to some kind of sense and order .
 Drawings would be very much appreciated if possible
As I have said before I wish I had paid more attention in English at school.

Thanks for the help yet again.

David ,struggling at the RC control of things on Fairmount Alpine
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

inertia

Re: Thruster control for Fairmount Alpine
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 06:26:51 pm »

David
The drawing was done for Mick Burke and was not based on the F14 Navy, which has two LH up/down sticks instead of the usual dual axis stick. This difference basically throws out most of the connections as drawn.
It would perhaps be better to continue this correspondence in private. If you could let me have a full list of what equipment you have and exactly what functions you require then we could perhaps make some progress. I'm not happy about batting questions and answers at this technical level back and forth on the public forum. There are examples elsewhere of what a pantomime that approach can turn into.
Dave M
BTW Yes - 8/B is for the power in. 'DSC' is covered somewhere in Robbe's instructions - I'll see if I can find it.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:55:38 pm »

Good luck David I'm sure between the two of you a solution will be found  :-)

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 07:37:49 pm »

DSC is normally 'direct servo control', it allows you to connect the receiver to the transmitter using the trainer socket so you can adjust the controls without transmitting.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

inertia

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:28:54 pm »

Thanks, Jim. I guess that's put that one to bed.
David - leave the DSC socket alone!
DM

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:05:23 pm »

BTW, you can use any socket you like for powering the receiver and servos, doesn't have to be channel 8.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.