Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wall Hanger For RC Tugs?.Does anyone Produce these?Help appreciated+Mooring Tugs  (Read 3265 times)

rcmtb

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!& I mean It

:-) hello Fellow members...

Once again I have some odd type questions re-firstly Display Shelves/Brackets e.t.c. for RC TUG up to 1 mtr long?(Approx)My wife is having a spare room converted for me (Tug Den) and I thought it maybe nice to have a nice looking wall shelf or similar? I wonder if anyone produces these please?If not I have discovered some very interesting KAYAK/CANOE wall brackets/Shelves which may do the job nicely...I would be very keen to hear from any members who have a similar set up to display their boats.

My second question relates to Mooring said TUG? our lake is fine but no easy launch as sand bank and fluctuating water levels,.make it very difficult to have any kind of permanent Structure IE Harbour..which I would have liked.

I gave this one heck of a lot of thought and by accident came across yet more useful KAYAK/CANOE related items? which I felt could offer an alternative O0

First was a neat mini anchor set (see pics) which can be placed off shore and used as a mooring buoy..so I will not have to bring Tug in to shore as it is not easy.so it can be tied to mooring when not operating,or during maintenance!

I will mainly be operating said TUG via rowing boat...

So dear friends if anyone as their own solutions or thoughts on my ideas please let me know on either topic!"MOORING OR DISPLAY SHELF"
:-))

:-)) Best wishes Steve

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer

Hello Steve,

I use standard B&Q 'Flexi' shelving uprights and brackets.  The slotted upright channels screw to the wall and the brackets just clip in wherever you want.  I use 10 mm thick balsa which is a tight push fit into the top of the brackets, which you can profile to match your various hull sections.  Brackets come in various lengths (to match hull width).
Mount your fleet up the wall, and when the fleet changes you just move the brackets around.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

david48

• Full Mayhemer

Have a look a a company called Spur the make some innovative shelving .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

rcmtb

• Full Mayhemer

:-)) hello Bob & David
really good to hear from you,whilst we do not have B&Q in Norway I have seen similar but not quite right yet?i will also check out the link to SPUR ,many thanks for that

please keep the ideas coming

best wishes Steve :-))

warspite

• Full Mayhemer

I still suppose if you enter www.diy.com into your browser you will still get the site and peruse the shelving section to see what the various options are - and then look for similar
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

rcmtb

• Full Mayhemer

:-)) Hi Bob
Many thanks for getting back in touch..I went to B&Q and the only thing i liked was the concave shelving nice!

We have a Ikea here have not been in a eternity,will have to get wife to take me so I can look at what they have to offer.
Must admit I really like the KAYAK wall shelving..it's not the
Garage type wall brackets actually quite nice wooden ones.
I will attach a picture

All the best Steve

:-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.