Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phantom from Billing Boats  (Read 14258 times)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Re: Phantom from Billing Boats
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 04:34:31 pm »

Got it tested today and it just need a bit more power so I'll replace the motor with either a 1300KV for 3S or a 1800KV for 2S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxw_wV4aLzs

But first I have to redo the finish on the hull as for some strange reason water has penetrated the lacquer and the wood is damaged  >>:-( I have used the same type of lacquer and done it the same way as my wife's Classic and there are no problems with that one. I'm puzzeled  %%
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 11:46:42 pm »

tica......looks must be deceptive as the boat certainly appears fast in the video.....

The back raked hull planking looks beautiful O0........in images for posts #2 and #17, it appears that you have used a white PVA glue for the hull....so where is the water damage?.......if it is on/in the deck planking?.....

On November 9th you mention "thin strip of mahogany between the strips but I opted for a thin strip of 0,25mm black styrene" .....so what type of glue did you use here?..... finally what type of lacquer was used?

Keep us posted with the repair images :-))..... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 11:56:05 am »

I haven't stripe i back yet, but it appears to penetrate at the bottom line under the whit paint, at least it is at the sharp edge that the mahogany has come loos / swollen up.

For the decking mahogany / black styrene I used 2K 5min epoxy.

The Lacquer is from Junkers and called "Skibslak" and have worked perfectly with my wife's Aeronaut Classic.

It may take some time before I start the repairs as I'm having some painful back problems and has just called in for sick-leave  {:-{

Regards
Carsten

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

Carsten..

I am still not sure if you mean the interface between the back raked hull planking and the white waterline below this, or the deck planking to the white borderline .......certainly either will be a task to rectify

We do not have  "Skibslak" in Australia, however from google it appears to be a quality polyurethane in single or twin pack application material

Hope your back is better & keep us posted with the repairs...............Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 08:35:40 am »

It's at the waterline that the water has penetrated and then it has travelled op along the edges of the diagonal mahogany planking making the to raise.

Junker Skibslak (Ship lacquer) is a 1K Uretan-acrylic based lacquer with UV filter. I have also had good results with International Classic boat varnish but I can't get it in Denmark at the moment.

Inspection today has shown that it appear to be the white paint that for some reason is not "watertight" but I don't get it this also a paint type that I have used a lot without any issues  like this  >>:-(

I'll visit the hospital this afternoon and hope for some explanation to my problems.

Carsten
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.