Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: regiment  (Read 16490 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Freedom of Internet Speech..... again!
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 07:20:45 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 07:30:28 pm »

Sorry, but there is one particular person on here who IS allowed to stick 3 funnels sorry fingers up and say what he likes,about who he likes when he likes and gets away with it.There are quite a few on here who do know who I mean,but neither of us want to break the important rule of naming him,for precisely the reason it will be US who get moderated and banned and not that person.
You are quite correct in saying it is Martins site,and on the whole it is a damn good site,but surely without the contributers there would be no site?
Martin has earlier said he is taking heed of what is being said,and as I said earlier I hope it can get back to more like it was.
Sincerely,
Mick F

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 07:32:16 pm »

Go Martin! love it that's what the forum is about.
         Amazed you had the last post apart from this one.
             Cheers, Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 07:33:34 pm »

Mick F, you are a mind reader!
         Cheers, Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 07:35:49 pm »

Sorry, but there is one particular person on here who IS allowed to stick 3 funnels sorry fingers up and say what he likes,about who he likes when he likes and gets away with it.There are quite a few on here who do know who I mean,but neither of us want to break the important rule of naming him,for precisely the reason it will be US who get moderated and banned and not that person.
You are quite correct in saying it is Martins site,and on the whole it is a damn good site,but surely without the contributers there would be no site?
Martin has earlier said he is taking heed of what is being said,and as I said earlier I hope it can get back to more like it was.
Sincerely,
Mick F

Then Report the post or report the person to Martin Direct, assuming you have not done so ?.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »

Oh dear,
The Forum is in dire trouble if we are now using U33 (Rich) as the site bouncer   %) :o %)

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 07:53:08 pm »

Nah,
He's Model of the Month  %% {-) %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »

Sorry, but there is one particular person on here who IS allowed to stick 3 funnels sorry fingers up and say what he likes,about who he likes when he likes and gets away with it.

It's me! It's me!

There is indeed a small group on here who don't like some of the things I say and who exchange rather nasty emails amongst themselves in private about me without realising that I am getting copies but, ho hum, that's just the way some people are. I am quite prepared to defend my views in public subject to moderation of course where everyone can see the arguments and make up their own minds. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me all of the time but I do try to make a reasoned argument and am happy to receive constructive criticism rather than just the usual abuse. Usually I find this works but some people are just unreceptive!

I knew my post would provoke this reaction which simply demonstrates the point I am making.

Colin

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »

YES! YES !YES!
Mr Bishop, the saying Pot Kettle Black immediately springs to mind,when you mention nasty emails being sent....do you remember the one you sent to me regarding my very good but banned friend? They dont come much nastier and personal than yours!
Martin,hope you are taking note of this one??
Mick F

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 08:10:47 pm »

I am reminded of a wise elderly lady who said: "It is just as bad to take offence as to give it."

Martin deserves our respect and appreciation for the way he manages the forum - he certainly has mine.

I wonder how many people have been moderated for describing how they are making a model boat?

Mike

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:34 pm »

YES! YES !YES!
Mr Bishop, the saying Pot Kettle Black immediately springs to mind,when you mention nasty emails being sent....do you remember the one you sent to me regarding my very good but banned friend? They dont come much nastier and personal than yours!
Martin,hope you are taking note of this one??
Mick F

Absolutely Mick and it was a personal message intended to try to explain why a certain person who I have never met is waging some sort of personal vendetta against me (and others) for no good reason that I can understand. It was intended to be factual rather than nasty but you chose not to receive it that way. That is your choice but do be aware that anything that is committed to the internet should be regarded as in the public domain and is being recorded. Personally I would prefer to keep those email exchanges between members private  but would be happy to publish them if you feel it would help the situation.

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 09:17:26 pm »

... I wonder what would happen if I banned myself.....?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:54 pm »

Sorry, but there is one particular person on here who IS allowed to stick 3 funnels sorry fingers up and say what he likes,about who he likes when he likes and gets away with it.

Never mind that this person has been identified, the principle he and others use is that there are boundaries. If you push them hard you get moderated and perhaps banned.
Some people know when to back off and don't get  :police:  . What they said remains on display because it is inside the rules ... just.
Others either don't know or don't care and get  <*<   off the forum. All trace of their bad behaviour is deleted.
It's a digital cliff that gives the impression that some people get away with it and others don't, but it's not really the case.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2015, 09:22:25 pm »

... I wonder what would happen if I banned myself.....?

You'd better write a bootstrap before trying it  :-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:53 pm »

Oh dear,
The Forum is in dire trouble if we are now using U33 (Rich) as the site bouncer   %) :o %)
Bob

Couple of real heavies!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 09:24:34 pm »

Martin, it would probably give you peace of mind from these silly petty issues which do nothing to support the forum and which simply exist to satisfy individual uninformed prejudices.

Mayhem should be about Model Boating and not about people pursuing personal agendas.

Cheers,

Colin

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 09:30:20 pm »

No Worries Martin,Colin will take over and run it! (into the ground probably !)
No elections necessary here,it would be a foregone conclusion who would win or get the last word as always as far as Mr Bishop is concerned.
And Colin, NO way would I publish your personal message to me,at least I pride myself on being a person of integrity,and speak my mind.YOU take it which ever way you like,but personally? I know what I would like to do.My name is Rottweiler,and I bite but only take hold when absolutely necessary,and those of you who DO know me,will know also that I seek fairness.
Martin,I rest my case,please either remove the self righteous and self opinionated person from the page,or remove me please,as everyone who has my opinion of him seems to like to load the gun,and shoot the bullets,but is afraid to come forward and lend support!
Mick f

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 09:36:46 pm »

And to think I only enquired after Regiment.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 09:55:43 pm »

NO ONE more opinionated on Mayhem than me!   :P
That's my right and only wife and daughter can tell (frequently) me otherwise!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but no one has the  right to enforce it on others...... unless you work for the IRS I guess. ( FLJ! )  ok2

DickyD (RIP) and I were sometimes at odds and some of you may remember, we had a major bust-up resulting in me taking the Forum off-line for a few days but we eventually resolved the issues and got a better understanding of each other, in the end.

That's all I hope for on the Forum, that we remember to respect each other opinions, even if just see the avtar of certain Mayhemers 'winds-you-right-up' before we even read the post!
1.Bite your tongue,
2. use 'report to Moderator ',
3. send me a PM,
4. else:   
http://www.argumentclinic.co.uk/

Now can we move on, the whole 'Recent Posts' is swamped with us  NOT talking about model boats!   :-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »

Yes Ned, shame isn't it!

[/No Worries Martin,Colin will take over and run it! (into the ground probably !)
No elections necessary here,it would be a foregone conclusion who would win or get the last word as always as far as Mr Bishop is concerned.quote]

So what is the problem then? I say what I feel is right, does that mean that certain other people cannot argue against it? If you feel you have a good argument then come out with it don't just cave in to say that 'Mr Bishop has the last word'. I'm prepared to argue my case so why don't you argue yours? If you are right then I am perfectly prepared to concede the issue. If you have a position you need to be prepared to stick up for it, don't be a wimp!

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 10:01:44 pm »

Stop it Colin!    <*<

How about a change to a less heated topic,  the British Elections yesterday!......  %)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 10:06:29 pm »

OK....right, wrong or indifferent....I was banned from MBM some years ago

1. However I was not afforded the right to contact the WEB owner........my e-mails to him were blocked...so I was unable to appeal my case
....so from this I do see a certain inconstancy of comment here....about rights, privileges or the right of reply
2. A few days ago, I made a simple comment in the original 'regiment' thread .....that if no one had seen or heard from our 84 year old member, why not call the Police & ask them to check on him.......I also noted that this was not meant to be a silly comment or suggestion etc

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Stavros

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 10:10:28 pm »

Cant agree More Derek.....HASNT ANYONE got his PHONE NO......TUG KENNY has done a lot for him ref pics on here.....have you got his tel no Ken or ANYONE ELSE.

MARTIN ......................GRRRRRRRRR POLITICS are BANNED on HERE....go to the corner and do 1 million lines of !!!!!!!!!

Dave............gone to HIDE

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:14 pm »

I have e mailed Regiment earlier,,but have had no reply as yet.
Mick F

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:15 pm »

Still got those emails Derek... and my relies.

Gordon isn't replying to my emails either.

Now can we move on, the whole 'Recent Posts' is swamped with us  NOT talking about model boats!   :-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.