Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lena......my first boat build.  (Read 28514 times)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lena......my first boat build.
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2015, 08:47:51 pm »

Thanks for the support and moral boost guys :-))  it made me decide to go and try again.

I removed the connection to the 12 volt battery........... Still the same

I removed everything from the receiver and replugged the ESC (throttle) and rudder......... So far so good, in fact even better because that means it's definitely not my transmitter :} :} :} :}
I then ventured as far as plugging in one of the sail winches........ It works {-) O0 %% :} :-))

I was so happy I decided to sail her so I looked at the time for high tide at 3.30 and realised low tide was at 4.00pm :((  ah well can't win them all. My OH suggested I go to the port in the next village as there is water even at low tide :-))  so I even managed to sail her......... Right out to sea, around some anchored boats and all with confidence. I'm very happy with her........... Now to plug the next servo in and see where the problem lies........ More soon. U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:43 pm »

I am so pleased that she has started to behave at last! Did anyone watch your boat sailing in the sea?
Pond weed is your enemy

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

Hi Ballast, by the time I took my boat from the water there was a group of onlookers that had occupied the nearby benches. It was a lovely day and lots of people pass by. It's a nice feeling when they comment how nice my boat is :}

I want to get the funnel smoking again that's really impressive. U2

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 05:10:22 pm »

Well I managed to get round to taking a few new photos...... My boat is not quite finished but I'd say it's in the final stages now, just a few ropes and deck furnishings then tweaking the final adjustments.

At least I can sail it while I carry out all these last things :-))

Dolls house project already started and a new boat being started soon, maybe as soon as tonight..... O0 :} :} :} :}  Well the drawings at least.......

Here are the photos.......

Hor rah photobucket seems to be working properly again......... U2

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2015, 07:23:40 am »

Out with Lena again yesterday on a beautiful flat sea........

My favourite photo so far, pity I had run out of smoke.........

PICKETBOAT

• PICKETBOAT
  • Full Mayhemer
  • "History in the making"
    • Chylds Hall Model Shipyard
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2015, 10:09:06 am »

Well done.

Just now and again we all take a picture which is good (convincing) and its a bit like a pat on the back. It kind of confirms what your doing is pretty good. You also see the model (via the picture) probably as non model makers see it. You know, the ones who cluster around you when your sailing, and make Oooo and Aaaaaa noises. I build scale powered models and functioning scale sailing models. Its always the latter that attract comments from "Joe Public", never the powered models. Interesting. And your next model will be.......?

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2015, 10:12:02 am »

Two superb models there Picketboat  :-)) :-))

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2015, 12:52:02 pm »

It's true what you say they do like sailboats, it's true what Netleyned says as well.

'and my next boat will be........' Its already started, see 'Alantis' in yachts and sail :-)) . U2

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »

Don't worry about the smoke, her skipper decided to save money and bend the sails out for an airing.

Pond weed is your enemy

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2016, 07:15:26 am »

Mmmm I managed to find the original drawing that I built Lena from, here it is...........

The wind power meets the power of steam in late 1800’s . In this period of maritime history, a hybrid generation of ships appeared combining these two. They kept the glory of sail ships and added independency from wind. Lena is a little steam schooner like that.

She was launched in 1875 in Sweden by Motala. She was 26.8m long, 4.95m wide and 2.59m deep. While sailing by wind, the funnel tilts back so that the sail boom can move freely.
She has an interesting story beginning with Nils Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld’s polar expedition. She joined the expedition as an auxilary ship up to a point. She took part in Russian revolutions which i could not translate well enough to write here. She was reconstructed several times. Once in 1938. She was extended two meters in lengtg, a new boiler was installed and living quarters were rebuilt.
In 1959, she was planned to be reserved as a historical vessel. But the attempts failed in 1967, the damage she suffered was beyond repair. But the model ship builders will help her to live forever.
The model plan set is distributed on two sheets. Very detailed and prepared for model ship building hobby

So here's a challenge, I can't find any more information about her.......... CAN YOU?.... U2

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2019, 10:52:00 am »

Hi guys, I have just made a little film of this boat and it's on YouTube for anyone interested. I'm not the best at filming and sailing at the same time but I'm sure I'll get better with practice.

I have to be honest, there's a double reason for posting the video O0 .... I don't just make model boats, I make all sorts of stuff. People always say 'you should put that on YouTube' so I decided to start a YouTube channel. My first project is a child's electric 1989 Batmobile designed by myself. I really need likes and subscribers (it's free and I don't mither anyone) so I'd appreciate any support from you guys.

My YouTube name is Know Expert.... The videos will get better (sound, lighting and editing) as I get more used to it, bear with me please.

Anyway, here's a link to Lena my first boat, then check out my batmobile build  then COME BACK TO THIS FANTASTIC FORUM......... Thanks guys...... Like and subscribe.  UM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkMPPU7b3s
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.