Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Star  (Read 4775 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
TV Star
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:49:54 pm »

did anyone see me on TV two weeks ago last monday night, lol??? %% %% %% %%

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: TV Star
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »

Nope.. What show ?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:18:39 pm »

I was the big speck on the beach walking my pug on SAFE HOUSE, the four part ITV drama, shown on monday nights.........I was in episode two, and the dog was running round like a rat, lol

it was just when the copper arrested the lad on the beach by jumping on him after a short chase at Fleetwood where the old pier used to be.......it was shot and filmed last November and I was walking towards the other two people walking their dog....they were film extras and got paid 400 quid a day...............I got sod all as I sneaked into shot, lol

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:31:48 pm »

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »

aye that's me and the rat, lol....the furthest one out moving left to right, lol

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:13:28 pm »

So that's your 15 ... mSecs of fame then  :-))

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 11:29:31 pm »

less than that matety.......unless I put it on pause for an hour or two, lol %% %% %%

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:23:45 am »

:o :o :o

wasn't broadcast world wide.
 >:-o >:-o
Gunna build those other boats one day.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 05:41:07 am »

:o :o :o

wasn't broadcast world wide.
 >:-o >:-o
You haven't missed anything

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 05:51:24 am »

Whew that's a relief {-) {-) {-)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:50 am »

matter of opinion............I and the kids are enjoying it very much as it is locally based.......tense drama, and a whole lot better than watching endless mindless moronic reality tv shows where ex celebs and wanabees want to make themselves known again. <*< <*< <*<

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 09:22:22 am »

:-)) Many,many years ago I was walking through our local shopping centre when they were filming a episode of the Bill,a guy came up to me and asked if I like to be an extra for next days filming, as I had some time off work I said yes and turned up the next day for filming and spent most of the day hanging around and eating (they had a free food wagon for crew, actors and us), all I had to do walk up and down with two bags of shopping while a couple of youngsters pushed their way through us,I can't remember what episode it was but I was on screen for all of 3-4 seconds! a star no not really but £85 in my back pocket and free nosh was not to bad and the experience was worth it, this was the only time I have been on the telly, a lot of my mates were extra's when I worked in Wandsworth prison (I am now retired),they used to do a lot of filming in there  for different programmes and used the staff as extra's,Ray.     
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:59:18 am »

Carry on and enjoy I never said it was bad just not one I would ever suggest  watching  I watch it Alas it seems the producers of late think as long as the sun never appears and its dull and miserable  it heightens the drama The Nordics can do it well but we cant. :-)

As for celebrities  what about ''did anyone see me on TV'' :}

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 02:11:31 pm »

I used to live in this pub for a while whilst teaching down in Maidenhead....The Bell at Waltham St Lawrence.It has appeared in a number of films and tv dramas inc. Callan and Dick turpin over the years, and they were using it and the "Pound" in the village for filming of an episode of The Professionals.

We had an old guy who used to drink in the pub every night and part of my rent was to serve in the bar........he sat in "his place" every night and drank Guinness.......the only time he would ever give up his bar stool in the corner was when Diana Dors and her husband Alan Lake came in for a few drinks and then he would gladly give it up for this wonderful lady.

a true villager who gave not a toss for anything new in the village......you know the sort, lol.

We were all watching from the windows at the filming. the cameras outside couldn't pick anything up from our faces in the window as they had put some sort of reflective film on the glass..

cop cars  with syrens on, two tone blaring away, everywhere, men running around shooting guns, Bodey was slugging it out with one guy and Doyle on the floor wrestling with another...great action shots.............when all of a sudden the old geezer toting his shopping carrier bag from the local spar, walks straight through the middle of it all, and looks at Doyle on the floor just below our windw and says a classic..............MORNIN' ALL......... and carried on walking from right to left of the photo through the ruckus as though it was an every day skirmish in the village........CUT!!!! went the cry,.........he didn't buy another pint for a month,  {-) {-) {-) {-)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »

Cool, just don't let it go to your head  {-)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:43 pm »

:-)) It was not me honest mine had Tesco on em,Ray. :-)) 

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:03 pm »

Many years ago our club  was asked by the BBC to supply some members and boats for a filming unit at bluewater kent, we duly turned up about 10 of us and spent the day lifting the boats in and out of the water and running them around to the directions of the film crew and also they had actors using pedaloes and splashing water about as though it was summer,but it was cold and raining, and this went on for hours, the end result was a 5 second shot in the opening credits of South east news of me fiddling with A SCREWDRIVER ON THE BACK OF ONE OF MY TUGS, mind you it was shown for about 6 months,my 5 seconds of fame. {-) {-) {-)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 02:54:38 pm »

:-)) When you see all those people standing around for most of the day, it makes you realize why it cost so much to make a film or programme, never worked out what half of them do or why they are there, strange world show business not quite real there again not men't to be,Ray. :-))

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 01:09:15 am »

Well no, we were just spectators  ....but close to the action O0....[circa year 2001?]

Anyone know Adelaide in South OZ?........

My dear wife & I were sitting by the windows in a little restaurant called Camilla's in Jetty Road at Glenelg.....and next door to a little Lane Way that separates a huge multi story XXXX Hotel complex called the Stamford Grand that overlooks the ocean......[the Spencer Gulf?]

Quietly sitting & waiting for luncheon & sipping a glass of wine......we just looked out the window & 5 foot away .............the screech of big black American 4WD HUMMER type vehicles.....with black tinted windows...lots of big guys with black suits & back reflective sunglasses........tommy guns held by two hands over their chests just like in the movies........ TV cameras everywhere...the street was blocked off...people being ushered away very quickly .....[like quietly screaming & running].....well you don't argue with a 6' tall Blackman in a black suit & black reflective glasses and brandishing a tommy gun do you {-).....we thought a television production?........

No ....it was real......they were the CIA minders for Donald Rumsford  ........he was attending a nuclear non proliferation summit hosted by the OZ Prime Minister at the Stamford Grand next door............

Rumsford was the American Secretary for Defence  <*< <*< in 2001........scary  :-X..........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 01:22:23 am »

Derek,
Good to hear you where a patron of 'Camilla's' with good food at a moderate price, and not at the Grand, with way overpriced average food.
Some nice wee cafes and Restaurants down there.
cheers
 :-))
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 02:09:39 am »

Morning VNK.........you are 100% spot on in the comparison between Camilla's & the Grand........

The former is also very entertaining  {-) ....every Sunday lunchtime.........the owner [an 80+years man of largish build and a very coarse southern Italian accent] sits at the table just south of the last window and reviews the previous weeks incoming suppliers bills

If he spies a bill that displeasures him.....a rumbling grunt noise is made  >>:-( & the elder son [about 60 years old] rushes over and offers explanation   %) :} ....... the owner well.....he doesn't appear to eat any food, and only drinks tap water without ice  ;) when the glass is empty he doesn't ask for a refill.....no he just stamps his right foot on the floorboards twice..... {-)

My wife is tea total.......& loves the sweet cake & slice pieces with coffee.....which is great so I can have a few glasses of that RED ned ..... :P .. ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.