Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Weathering Magazine app  (Read 2583 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
The Weathering Magazine app
« on: May 20, 2015, 12:03:38 am »

While looking through the App Store on the iPad I came upon a magazine called The Weathering Magazine ,thought it might be of help to some one .
David 

Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: The Weathering Magazine app
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:01:21 am »

{:-{ :(( >:-o

Tanks, tanks, some planes, some trains, some girls in .......
But no boats

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:25 am »

I've bought one of these before and the techniques are very good but I found that they tried to explain them over 2 pages with a couple of big images and perhaps 2 paragraphs of text which wasn't quite enough to cover in detail what needed to be done.

It's great these magazines get published but I didn't really find it very useful.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:32 am »

Look on U-tube there are loads of videos about weathering tanks and cars and such.  It's more useful to see someone actually doing than writing about it.   If you're like me and already know how to do it, there's always new things to learn, like how to use rock salt to simulate rust!
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:58:06 am »

I agree with tug cowboy. I have a nice book published by Vallejo paints, it is on weathering techniques to produce wood effects. Apart from the poor translation of spanish to english, it is mostly photos of what the effect ends up like, when it really needs the technique describing much better.

mrturbo553

• Full Mayhemer
    • North Sea winches
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:41 am »

To go with the Vallejo books , there's another which I have , but it's now really hard to get hold off AND the price will bring a tear to your eyes for a soft back book . Mrs turbo bought me it as a surprise present , it's full of absolutely stunning pictures
http://www.amazon.com/F-A-Q-Frequently-Questions-Techniques-Modelling/dp/849652762X

Aid  :-))
Gone racing back in 9.5 sec
http://www.nswinches.co.uk

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 11:40:04 am »

I see what you mean about the book price turbo :o I've been caught like that on amazon a couple of times. The last book I bought I paid £11.99 for, when it arrived its cover prices was £1.95! My sailing trawler hardback I paid £37 for it was published albeit a long time ago for 135shillings :} However should I want to re-sell that book it can be found on Amazon in excess of £150 :o :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.