Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Models  (Read 2315 times)

drm41

• Shipmate
Robbe Models
« on: June 09, 2015, 08:52:09 am »

I've had some Robbe fittings on possible back-order with a well known supplier of model boats and accessories. Received a message yesterday to say that Robbe have now ceased trading. Apparently there might be a possibility of the range being acquired by another company.

Regards   Dick

inertia

Re: Robbe Models
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:21 am »

Unsurprising news, but depressing nevertheless. If it's true then kiss goodbye to the F14/F16 radios, Robbe fittings and any kits except the plastic ready-to-run speedboats. That's what's slowly killing the hobby for model builders because it's all the "I want it all, I want it cheap and I want it now" generation requires.
DM (Retires to workshop for a sulk).

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:53 am »

That's a real shame but not unexpected news.

I've always enjoyed Robbe's quality fittings, putting them Together to produce a really nice bit of equipment is quite often as satisfying as any other project.

If there's anything anyone is desperate to get hold of it seems they are holding a clearance sale at the factory if you can get there in person: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robbe.de%2Falles-muss-raus

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:04 am »

Like you say, its a sad day that another one of the top companies have gone.  The dispute with Billings wont have helped. 

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

What will happen is that smaller shops will start offering stuff. It will probably cost more (to be somewhat sustainable).

Lower end and electronics will get or already are dirt cheap. Higher end stuff will get even more specialized and expensive.

But general purpose outfits like Robbe or Graupner look like a thing of the past.

drm41

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

I guess part of the message is;- If you are thinking of buying any of the remaining Robbe kits, particularly second hand, make sure it's all there as there wont be much chance of obtaining replacement parts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.