Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeep Thrills  (Read 1818 times)

richald

• Full Mayhemer
  • Retired and loving it!
Jeep Thrills
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »

I've been asked to sort out a ride-in/on jeep for my neighbours little lad.

System is 12volt with two 6volt 7000Mah batteries in series -

I have been trying to locate either a manufacturers name or a circuit diagram (without success so far)

Has anybody fettled one of these for a child/grandchild, and can point me in the right direction ?

See attached pictures - the various boxes in the engine bay are particularly baffling (apart
from one that has a relay of some sort and there is an unconnected wire too !

I understand there is a remote to go with the jeep allowing Mummy or Daddy control the speed

I have bought and fitted new batteries so far, but the circuitry is still completely dead

Hope somebody can help

Richard
Senior member of the OGG (Order of the Grumpy Gits)
Membership Number : 002

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jeep Thrills
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »

Hi Richard, I used to build cars like this. First I built a jeep from a plan, then because I changed so many things from the plan (and because my daughter wanted 'a pink car' I built Fab 1....

The jeep was powered by a 12v system available from Real life toys http://www.toylander.com/ The fab 1 was powered by a system I removed from an electric scooter. I know absolute zero about electrickery so I just cut the wires, labelled them re fitted and re soldered them, it worked a treat. You can find really cheap electric scooters on ebay...... so if all else fails give that a go.

And now the poor things have been collecting dust in storage back in the UK until I get around to seeing them again.....  U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:51:06 pm »

If the unconnected black wire (engine bay pic) coming from the black terminal of the right hand battery is plugged onto the red terminal of the left hand battery, the two batteries will be connected in series an give 12 volts, instead of just being two unconnected batteries.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

richald

• Full Mayhemer
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:42:27 am »

Sorry - should have said - I specifically disconnected the cable from the battery terminal
so that I could safely store the jeep in my garage without any risk of it catching fire!

I included the picture in case anybody recognised the circuit components or design of the toy.

Richard

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:44:06 am »

OK so the mystery wire might well be the one across the top of the picture with a large tab on the end.  The size and shape says that a large screw terminal is involved, the length of the wire suggests that it might originally have lived the other side of the bulkhead.  It could well be the ground line return for the whole system.  Probably a job for a multimeter to see where the 12 volts are going, also, looking down from the 12 volts, seeing where the ground line goes.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

richald

• Full Mayhemer
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:59:45 am »

Okey-dokey - that is a good place to start - I shall scout around the area of the black wire with screw terminal on the end - Thanks for that !

Richard

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »

I think the cabel goes out on the left and comes back in on the right just abouve the electrical realy ???? and isnt there a screw terminla on it ????

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.