Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customs Vessel  (Read 4119 times)

Boatman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Customs Vessel
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:27 am »

Hello All

Im new to the site and this is my first post, looking for help on a customs launch I want to build, Im looking at the Searcher hull that scale hobbies supplies and I have one photo of the type of boat. This is a boat called Enterprise based at Gravesend 1930s, I also know about a similar boat in Hull but can not find any details. Can anyone help give provenance to the model by supplying anymore info on this type of vessel.

Cheers Modelboat

tony52

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Customs Vessel
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »

A photograph of Enterprise can be found in the magazine 'Shipping Wonders of the World', part 36, October 13th 1936. Vic Smeed also based his design 'Guardsman' on this type of vessel.Guardsman was presented as a free plan and two page item in Model Boats magazine January 1982. The plan is still available (as MM1330) albeit a smaller size than Searcher.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:53 pm »

The very first boat I built was on the Guardsman's plans. I may have misread your post but you said there is one in Hull? I have never seen one around the docks or the marina in the years I lived there and with such an old and distinctive craft I think I would have seen. I'll be happy to be proved wrong though, if only to take some photo's next time I'm home.

tony52

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »

Found this on HMRC Cutters, the (same) photograph of Enterprise is featured. In the item, HMRC Valiant (1964-c1971) appears to have spent some time at Workington, Cumbria, but no mention of any of these being at Hull.

http://www.hm-waterguard.org.uk/The%20Work-Cutter%20Service.htm#HMRC_Argus_1852

gemini

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

I 'm currently building an example of Vic Smeeds "Guardsman" from enlarged plans to suit Mobile Marine Models GRP hull "Tollman". I am using the picture of HCRC Enterprise as a guide to assist with build.
l have installed a Cheddar Models Pintail steam engine with automatic gas control (bit of a squeeze!!).
The hull is in the paint shop ( garden ?) Waiting for the wind to drop and some warmer weather!
I will post some pictures soon if anyone interested?
Gemini

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 10:51:40 pm »

Post steam images please Gemini......details of the AGC .....always interested :-)).... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

mark w

• Full Mayhemer
  • "I stick my neck out for nobody"
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 07:13:20 pm »

Hello All

Im new to the site and this is my first post, looking for help on a customs launch I want to build, Im looking at the Searcher hull that scale hobbies supplies and I have one photo of the type of boat. This is a boat called Enterprise based at Gravesend 1930s, I also know about a similar boat in Hull but can not find any details. Can anyone help give provenance to the model by supplying anymore info on this type of vessel.

Cheers Modelboat

Welcome to the forum  :-))  If you can, could you please post a pic of the hull you're looking at, I've not heard of Scale Hobbies hulls.

Mark
"If she can stand it, I can too, play it"

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 09:45:00 pm »

Scale Hobbies is a shop in Skelmersdale in Lancs Google them......they have a good range of hulls and good quality they are

Dave

mark w

• Full Mayhemer
  • "I stick my neck out for nobody"
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 09:55:27 pm »

Scale Hobbies is a shop in Skelmersdale in Lancs Google them......they have a good range of hulls and good quality they are

Dave

Dave,

I did look them up, hadn't heard of them. They do have some nice hulls. Thanks  :-)) .

Mark
"If she can stand it, I can too, play it"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.555 seconds with 22 queries.